Olbermann to join NBC pregame show

DEAD!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10131354

Olbermann to join NBC pregame show

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (April 16, 2007) -- Keith Olbermann will return to sports for the first time in six years to join Cris Collinsworth as co-host of the pregame show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts.

Olbermann, who currently hosts a prime-time newscast and opinion show called Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, will join host Bob Costas and analysts Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber and Peter King on NBC's Football Night in America.

An anchor for ESPN's SportsCenter from 1992-97, Olbermann last appeared on network television in 2001 as host of postseason baseball coverage for FOX.

His job on the NBC show will be to narrate highlights and discuss NFL news and issues.

... I can just see it now: Terrell Owens: Today's worst person in the world.....

I saw, I came, I left.

Is this similar to Rush on ESPN? I'd like to think that the level of discourse on Countdown is far and above Rush's pablum. However, Keith at least has a sports background, something Rush never had.

However, I think you could raise the comparison and it would be mostly valid. I look forward to the upcoming debate and anticipate several boycott-NFL measures coming from some of the more unhinged parties on the right. And in fairness, there were several equally absurd boycotts called for on the left for the ESPN show with Rush on it.

Bust mostly? I like Keith and look forward to what he has to offer. The best NFL broadcast just got better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is this similar to Rush on ESPN? I'd like to think that the level of discourse on Countdown is far and above Rush's pablum. However, Keith at least has a sports background, something Rush never had.

However, I think you could raise the comparison and it would be mostly valid. I look forward to the upcoming debate and anticipate several boycott-NFL measures coming from some of the more unhinged parties on the right. And in fairness, there were several equally absurd boycotts called for on the left for the ESPN show with Rush on it.

Bust mostly? I like Keith and look forward to what he has to offer. The best NFL broadcast just got better.

Actually Limbaugh's sports chops aren't bad - before he became famous/infamous, he was an on-air guy in Pittsburgh doing, among other things, the occasional sports talk show, and he also worked in the Kansas City Royals front office.

He still sucks as a human being, but I digress...

nav-logo.png

If it was Baseball it would be better, this is different then Rush disgitlin is right, Olberman should go back to sports any way. Once upon a time he was actually I now ashamed to admit this my favorite Sportscenter Anchor.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If it was Baseball it would be better, this is different then Rush disgitlin is right, Olberman should go back to sports any way. Once upon a time he was actually I now ashamed to admit this my favorite Sportscenter Anchor.

What?! Is the sky red? The ocean green? Is up down?

I like that though, "dis gitlin."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What?! Is the sky red? The ocean green? Is up down?

I like that though, "dis gitlin."

I separate sports from politics, if Olberman is talking sports he is different and when he was on SC he was funny.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived