VY meets Madden '08

otherwilds

They should've put a consistent force on the cover, like Drew Rosenhaus.

Nah, they should've put Rex Grossman on there....maybe it will actually make him have a GOOD season :P

True, we'd find out if injury jinxes offset.

Nah, I think between Rex's susceptibility to mistakes/injuries and The Curse, he'd probably burst into flames during the EA press conference, lol.

If you were a star player would you want to be on the cover?

Yes, but i would come up with a reason to sit out the season. Such as, holding out for more money from my team. Bad News...I continue the curse, Good News...at atleast i'll be healthy and might even get more money :D

Am I the only one who dosnt really care who is on the cover. Isnt it whats in the game that matters.

When the players on the cover have a disturbing tendency to get injured, you learn to pay attention.

(If you payed more attention, you might have noticed Alexander on the cover last year.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As for people who don't believe in the curse this oughta change your mind

As for people that do believe in the stupid curse, THIS oughta change your mind. I know it's more difficult to actually explain things rationally, but it's usually better than blaming things on some kind of mysterious voodoo.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

A few things to add to this discussion:

First, LT turned down the chance to be on the cover. I guess he fears the curse.

Second, in this interview about being on the cover, Vince says that he hopes the Titans go back to the old Oilers uniforms (which happen to look almost identical to what he wore in high school, if I'm not mistaken). He might be powerful enough that we'll see that happen.

First, LT turned down the chance to be on the cover. I guess he fears the curse.

Second, in this interview about being on the cover, Vince says that he hopes the Titans go back to the old Oilers uniforms (which happen to look almost identical to what he wore in high school, if I'm not mistaken). He might be powerful enough that we'll see that happen.

That happens, and Vince Young will have the top selling jersey in Nashville, Houston, and probably the whole country.

(I just reminded myself of how I oh so dearly miss some of the NFL's deceased uniform sets and color combos...The oil derrick, the luv'ya blue and red, the royal and kelly of the Seahawks, the kelly and silver of the Eagles, the pastel blue and orange of the Broncos, the creamsicle orange and red of my Buccaneers...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

no way,can't happen

Am I the only one who dosnt really care who is on the cover. Isnt it whats in the game that matters.

You're right, which is why it's very sad that NFL 2K5 still kicks Madden's a** two years later. Giving EA Sports exclusive NFL rights was a big mistake. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

As for people who don't believe in the curse this oughta change your mind

As for people that do believe in the stupid curse, THIS oughta change your mind. I know it's more difficult to actually explain things rationally, but it's usually better than blaming things on some kind of mysterious voodoo.

ha..i agree that the madden curse is overhyped, but i think whoever wrote that got a little too hung up on the game names. for example when it talked about shaun alexander, it says he was great in 2005, got picked to be on the madden 2007 cover which is released in 2006. broken down this means that the madden game for 2006 is actually madden 2007, the year of the 2006 season's super bowl. all the stats, ratings, and curses only apply to the 2006 season. there is no "going back in time" here. the same is true for the other players who were hit with this "curse." also, according to what i've heard of curses, once the curse is passed on (say for example a different player ends up on the madden cover) the person who had the curse before returns to normal, losing all effects of any curse that they used to have.

You're right, which is why it's very sad that NFL 2K5 still kicks Madden's a** two years later. Giving EA Sports exclusive NFL rights was a big mistake. :cursing:

agreed. 2k5 was much better.

I won't say 2k5 was better, but I will say that EA has gotten really lazy since they got exclusive rights with no competition.

I won't say 2k5 was better, but I will say that EA has gotten really lazy since they got exclusive rights with no competition.

I think 2K5 is much better. The players actually look like the real guy, you can easily move players between teams, amend jersey numbers and attributes, quickly create players, and the unis are great in both choice and appearance. In Madden, I could switch Scott Fujita to the Saints but there's no way to give him the correct #55 he wears in New Orleans. In 2K5, I'm building the 2007 Saints as the transactions occur. It was tough releasing John Carney but Mare looks good in black and gold. :D

It's also cool that 2K5 actually shows halftime and post-game highlights even if it is a little clunky.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived