Vancouver Pacific - Major League Soccer *updated*

StoneRaizer

vancouverpacific-logo.png

vancouverpacific-kits.png

A few explanations...

The Name: I wanted a name that sounded like a soccer team, but didn't sound like a ripoff or an obvious European sounding name. Vancouver Pacific has a nice ring to it, is appropriate for the city and sounds like a soccer team without being overly Americanized.

Colours: I really wanted to go Canuck Blue and BC Lions Orange but I couldn't get the orange to fit in, so I grabbed the blue from the MLS logo and really turned out sharp.

Logo: I hear a lot of complaints about soccer/football logos using an old ball that nobody uses any more. Being that this is a Major League Soccer team, I felt it was appropriate to use MLS' ball. The skyline is the skyline of Vancouver.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Like the uniforms, but the logo looks weird especially on the uniforms. The shape of the soccer ball looks like a tear drop

I thought it looked like a Edmonton Oilers logo chopped in half.

But yea, try either using the MLS ball from a different angle or go with a traditional hexigonal ball.

I'd also consider making this into a Vancouver Whitecaps concept. I've got nothing against the name you chose, but the Whitecaps name has history going back to the NASL. It'd be silly of an MLS team to not acknowledge that.

Like the uniforms, but the logo looks weird especially on the uniforms. The shape of the soccer ball looks like a tear drop

That's the style of ball they're switching over to. I like the concept alot, and I do agree that the ball looks a little weird, but you can't really help that if you're going modern and aside from that, I think there's too many stripes on the sleeves/shoulders. Overall, very nice job.

I thought it looked like a Edmonton Oilers logo chopped in half.

But yea, try either using the MLS ball from a different angle or go with a traditional hexigonal ball.

I'd also consider making this into a Vancouver Whitecaps concept. I've got nothing against the name you chose, but the Whitecaps name has history going back to the NASL. It'd be silly of an MLS team to not acknowledge that.

Agree, agree, and agree. The MLS ball doesn't lend itself to its use as an icon when only half of it is being used on a logo for an expansion team.

As for adding Lions orange, it could make a great trim color in very small doses. The blue/navy works really nicely, but can be a little monotonous and gloomy. A small infusion of orange piping on the uniform or as an outline on the logo would work if done right.

Nice start...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm not too crazy about the name, and find that colour combination too common in pro soccer.

I also find that "drop shape" of the MLS ball panel reminsicing of the Edmonton Oilers' logo.

(note that even the MLS logo uses a "traditional" soccer ball)

I'd like to see one more colour and an accent to jazz it up, orange or lime green could work.

(maybe a sun setting in the skyline) an extra outline to the letters...)

I can't think of a logo that actually writes what League the team is in...

On the positive sie, the execution shows some attention to details.

Keep up the work!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I like the colors, and the name isn't so bad. But like everyone said about the logo it could be better. And you may want to put a sponsor logo in place of Pacific since the league is heading in that direction, maybe a local company in Vancouver. This makes me want to work on my concept for a Seattle team...

BTW you mind sharing how you made the lines on the uniforms?

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Thanks for all the C&C guys. I have an idea for a different angle on the MLS ball on the logo that I'll try out, and I'll see about adding some orange piping and outline on the logo. There's a couple other ideas I'm going to tinker with as well.

Regarding the kits having a few too many stripes - adidas makes all of the MLS kits so those stripes across the top of the shoulders is mandatory.

I'll reply with an update when it's done. Thanks again!

Edit: I'm not sure which lines you're talking about Pandaguy, but I used the Colours of Football vector template which you can download from the Templates sticky.

stoneraizersig.jpg

vancouverpacific-logo-1.png

vancouverpacific-kits-1.png

What's new:

- Added BC Lions orange to the colour scheme and I think it looks quite sharp, mind you blue and orange is one of my favourite colour combinations in pro sports.

- "Rotated" the MLS Ball so that it doesn't look like an upside down Edmonton Oilers logo.

- Added the needle to the skyline.

- Chose EA Sports for a sponsor because they have a large studio (1000 employees) in Vancouver and they make the FIFA Soccer game which includes MLS.

- Removed "Major League Soccer" from the logo and replaced it with "Soccer Club"

New C&C?

stoneraizersig.jpg

I like this new kit much better.

1. You used SOCCER club instead of football club. It's Major League SOCCER here in the States/Canada.

2. Orange works nice.

3. The wave of the soccer ball acts almost as an underline, which is kind of cool. IMO this way works.

Good job!

Love the second version with the addition of some orange and EA as the sponsor. Also, the 2nd crest is a definite improvement.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I love it...

What I actually like the most is your "Process"... how you actually were able to take the feedback, and make it your own.

Despite the fact that some people didn't liek certain things, you didn't blindly followed their advice, you adapted them.

I love how the ball became a "Wave", after all, Vancouver is our largest coatal city isn't it?

Great work.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I love it...

What I actually like the most is your "Process"... how you actually were able to take the feedback, and make it your own.

Despite the fact that some people didn't liek certain things, you didn't blindly followed their advice, you adapted them.

I love how the ball became a "Wave", after all, Vancouver is our largest coatal city isn't it?

Great work.

Thank you thank you. I'm an Advertising - Integrated Marketing Communications student, just finishing up my 2nd year in a couple weeks. It's not a full blown graphic design program, but there is a major creative component that requires us to actually create sample ads as part of our courses, using Illustrator and Photoshop. Doing these concepts is a great way to practice, see what works and what doesn't and best of all I'm having fun doing them. CCSLC is full of extremely talented and passionate individuals so if they say something doesn't look right, chances are they know what they're talking about!

Edit: As per Saturn's request, here's the kits with the club logo on the upper right chest instead of the circular EA Sports logo. I added a slight white stroke around the Vancouver and Soccer Club lettering on the home kits to help it stand out against the navy, changed the main text to white and made the background behind the skyline navy to make the ball stand out more.

vancouverpacific-kits-copy.png

stoneraizersig.jpg

A+ work on the second "orange" version. Now you can def. see the soccerball with the outline use of the orange. The jerseys/uniforms look really nice also I like how the back jersey looks especially with the color combination . Very nice.

As someone mentioned before I wonder what the jersey would look like with the crest on it. In the center of the jersey or a badge on the left hand side of the chest.

Archived