MLB Uniform Concept 7-Pack

phayze

I've been messing around with MLB concepts the past week or so, tweaking looks to how I see fit. I didn't really think these warranted their own threads so I decided to lump them all together.

Astros - A return to older colors and standard block numbers for an overall more retro look.

Rockies - I basically re-did most of their look. Some may not agree with the choice of using black as the prominent color, but I think theirs enough purple to keep it distinctively Rockies and not look like the White Sox. Yes, that is graphite. Since I'm expelling it from the Blue Jays look (see below), the Rockies have adopted it. And yes, I know the graphite away jersey probably wouldn't work, but this is fantasy land right?

Blue Jays - This is basically another take on the pre-graphite jerseys. I'm not 100% totally sure about these but I'll post them anyways. I left out a sleeve patch because there's a patch on the front, and to not be redundant.

Brewers - This is how I'd like the Brewers to look in a perfect world: back to the old colors. I kept the current scripts and I think they fit surprisingly well.

Orioles - Nothing really new. I just flipped some colors and maybe some other things. Their current set just bugs me a bit and I wanted try to fix it up a bit.

Diamondbacks - I got rid of the wacky scripts on their current sets, and tried to give it a bit of my own touch.

Twins - Last but not least, my team. I really prefer the old scripts to the new ones, even though they'll never go back. This set is a bit more blue focused than the Twins current.

*All hats interchangeable

**I'm not exactly claiming any of these ideas new or anything. I just feel better when I fix what bugs me :D

Untitled-1.png

Astros I like the idea of returning to navy & orange since no one in baseball is using it right now. But I really wish you would've gone back to the mid 90's unis that actually had the space imagery that's appropriate for a team called the Astros. But these are about as good as they could look with their current logos. B+

Rockies I'm not sure all the changes were necessary, although you do get points for the graphite roads. C+

Blue Jays At least you made them blue again. B

Brewers Ideally, I'd like to see all remnants of the Bud Selig-Miller Park regime exiled from the Brewers unis forever. Preferably in favor for an overally uni/logo package that emphasizes "Milwaukee" over "Brewers." But pretty much all of the changes you made were upgrades. Especially removing the unnecessary wheat sprig from the hats. I also like the patch logo you came up with. My only complaint is the lack of yellow on the alts. I would've at least made the scripts yellow A-

Orioles About the only thing I agree with here is Baltimore on the roads. The hats they have now are perfect and I'd hate to see them replaced by the ones you used. The place for those logos is the sleeves, not the hats. D

D'Backs Holy s**t those are nice!!! A+

Twins The only thing I'd change is the scripts on the alts... make them red. A-

Nice job on all of these:

Astros-I love the blue and orange look with the current set.

Rockies-Anything is an improvement from their current set. These look nice and clean and classy.

Blue Jays-Probably the weakest out of the bunch, but still nice. I was never a fan of when they added the red as a dominate color in their scheme, so my problems with this one may be more of the use of red than the actual design.

Brewers-Perfect

Orioles-Nothing major, like the subtle changes.

Diamondbacks-Again a classy look to a team that screwed it up on the redesign.

Twins-love the script and the subtle use of red.

Nice work on all of these!!

Astros - Awesome work, I've always thought a change from the current colors to navy and orange would be a good move on their part.

Rockies - Good work, not the best of the bunch, but could make due for a good upgrade.

Blue Jays - I like what you have here, bu I also like the general design of the identity they have now, if you could somehow incorporate the 2 eras into one set (ie. current logos with the colors of the past) you could have perfection.

Brewers - As with the Astros, this hearkens the past and looks really nice with the colors from the M-Glove era, with a modern flair.

O's - I like the swap to the Baltimore script on the roads, but I do think the scripts on both jerseys should be orange outlined in black. Other than that, this is OK, but a good job none the less.

D'Backs - WINNER!!!!!, this is what the team should have done when they re-designed this past season.

Twins - WINNER!!!, good redesign, but I would expect a change from the Twins maybe in the year that they open their new ballpark in a few years, that would garner an identity swap.

Thanks for the C&C guys. I kindof had a feeling the O's one wouldn't be so popular. I dunno why I like the black script with orange outline. Maybe I'm a weirdo.

but I would expect a change from the Twins maybe in the year that they open their new ballpark in a few years, that would garner an identity swap.

It would make my year to see them switch to something similar with the opening of the new ballpark.

Untitled-1.png

:blink: These are absolutley amazing!

Some of the best baseball concepts I've seen in a while! The Twinkies were by far my favorite although the D-Backs were really nice, too.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Astros - Basically a recoloring of what they have. Is it an improvement? Tough to say. I'll give it a thumbs up for the sole reason they now have a different scheme than the Diamondbacks.

Rockies - This is an improvement over their currents because there is more purple and it's a prominent color. I'm indifferent on the new script. It looks fine, but I don't think it's any better or worse than their currents.

Blue Jays - Already an improvement because of the prominence of blue. There's a clash between the light and dark shades though. I think you need to make the uniforms darker or the hats lighter. The block numbering looks generic and doesn't mesh with the rest of the system. Overall I'm in the middle leaning against it because of the flaws in my opinion.

Brewers - Another recoloring. I'm going to give it a thumbs up because I think your execution is a bit better than what they have now. Although I have to dock you points for bringing the ball-in-glove logo back. Get rid of that and it becomes the best in the set.

Orioles - Great that you brought back 'Baltimore' on the roads. I like the cartoon bird, but perhaps you should stick with one.

Diamondbacks - Best on in the set. No complaints and well done.

Twins - The red cap on the alternate doesn't fit with a blue jersey. I'm torn between your away set and their current homes.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Astros- i don't really like the color scheme you chose, but the block font does work to get that retro look, which i think the wordmarks fall into too. change the colors and its nice.

Rockies- these look really nice. the rebrand is new, but not too outrageous, so i really like it. the font, colors, and logo work well together, nice identity.

B.Jays- That lighter blue is too teal. it needs to be more Nuggets and less Marlins. aside from that, the jerseys look good. the wordmarks could use some work in their spacing, but nice start.

Brewers- I dont know about the yellow bill on the hat, but the rest looks perfect. nice choices.

Orioles- Those look pretty perfect to me, no complaints here.

D-Backs- I don't think you need all those outlines on the player names, and the spacing is off is some parts of the wordmarks IMO, but these are decent. Not an upgrade IMO, but not a downgrade. I'll call it a push.

Twinners- the problem with old scripts is they all look amateurish. that problem, along with the old looking sleeve patch make me think this set was designed by some owner's son-in-law back in the '30s or something. not my cup of tea.

good job overall, keep up the good work.

I actually really like the new D-Backs unis, but after seeing these, i realize they could have been 10x better great job. I like all the others, except, i never really liked red in the blue jays color scheme at all. Overall: A

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Twinners- the problem with old scripts is they all look amateurish. that problem, along with the old looking sleeve patch make me think this set was designed by some owner's son-in-law back in the '30s or something. not my cup of tea.

I doubt that's true considering the Twins didn't exist until 1961.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Astros: Amazing; this looks 10x better than what they have now.

D-Backs: This script is a big improvement.

Twins: Very nice. Only thing I would change is to make the white outline between the navy and red on Minnesota gray like the jersey, otherwise it looks like the logo was just slapped on there.

Orioles: Not so crazy about orange piping.

Blue Jays: Somebody out there needs a Columbia Blue alt. Nice job.

Rockies: Neither better nor worse than the current set. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Brewers: I don't think the blue and yellow works so well with the current logos and script, except the Milwaukee on the road jersey.

Overall, great work!

Astros I like the idea of returning to navy & orange since no one in baseball is using it right now. But I really wish you would've gone back to the mid 90's unis that actually had the space imagery that's appropriate for a team called the Astros. But these are about as good as they could look with their current logos. B+

Who are the Mets?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Very nice job on these. I especially like the Rockies logo and the Brewers set.

Agreed. Also, I like the return of the Navy/orange of the Asros

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Props on the Rockies and Astros redesigns. Really like the Astros old colors...looks solid!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Who are the Mets?

Dude,the Mets clearly have Royal Blue. There's no way you could have both Navy Blue and Black.

Who are the Mets?

A team that uses royal blue and not navy.

Who are the Mets?

Woah, I forgot teams with similar colors were not allowed. A memo will be sent to the Braves, Red Sox, Phillies, Nationals, Rangers, Cubs, Indians, Angels, Twins, and Cardinals to immediatly cease operations and find new identities. Thank you for your concern and continued useful input. :rolleyes:

As for C&C... I mostly agree with illwauk's comments, except for the Diamondbacks. I like what they have now, it's more unique (sans colors) with the fang font. Overall though, nice job.

Who are the Mets?

Woah, I forgot teams with similar colors were not allowed. A memo will be sent to the Braves, Red Sox, Phillies, Nationals, Rangers, Cubs, Indians, Angels, Twins, and Cardinals to immediatly cease operations and find new identities. Thank you for your concern and continued useful input. :rolleyes:

I said that in regard to his comment of "navy & orange since no one in baseball is using it right now" not the fact that colors are the same.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived