New threads for the Hawks?

OB33

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the current Hawks set is as generic as they come. I'll be glad to see it go.

Ditto the 70's remarks, by the way. Those pics above are all class.

Those of us who actually lived in the '70s might have to disagree.

:P

I think we all knew deep down how horrific some of the fashions were.

It still bewilders me that a lot of them have come back.

I dont like the idea of getting rid of Red and Yellow but I guess owner want the Hawk to wear the colors close to Thrashers. I hope it just royal blue. Dont wanna see another team wearing some sort of navy or copying the Denver Nuggets and wear baby blue (3 teams are enought with that color).

They remind me of the Milwaukee Hawks uniforms.

mn-haw55r12.gif

I would like something like this with a touch of red

I for one do not care for the light blue push.

The Grizzlies and Nuggets already are using light blue, blue and yellow. Utah has the light blue too. I just don't want to see ANOTHER team use it. The problem for Atlanta is if they want to return to one of their previous color sets. It looks like THEY are the ones copying the Nuggets, Grizz and Utah (Alternate).

Yes. When I stated they should use Navy, Lt. Blue and Yellow, it was very obviously Sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got the sarcasm. Also it would be so kewl if they wore a light blue jersey with navy shorts. /sarcasm :P

KISSwall09.jpg

Not good...I guess a nod to the St Louis days is ok...

but the red and yellow is surprisingly unique, and distinctive, with a 30 year history behind it...

I know, maybe instead of red white and blue, they can drop the red, and go with two different shades of blue!

I really like red and yellow together, too. But, the sad Hawks have been adrift in a sea of mediocrity forever. Maybe a change is in order. What about revisiting this rare color combination?

hawks.jpg

That, or these:

B0007QC40G.01-AVRR6WAP2O9Z1._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yes! I loved the mid-80's Hawks uniforms! Bring 'em back! The days of Dominique and Spudd! Love it!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

AtlantaHawksProposed1.gif

AtlantaHawksProposed2.gif

http://www.logoserver.com/NBA4.html

There might (I say might cause' I'm not sure, I'm not an insider) be a chance that these could be the new logos. As for the change, I think it was in plans for awhile. Those Hawks' logo that was put together by a firm that never came out (check that site). They were probably planning change their unis before but never did until now.

It looks like the Braves, Thrashers, and now the Hawks all have similar colors.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

There might (I say might cause' I'm not sure, I'm not an insider) be a chance that these could be the new logos. As for the change, I think it was in plans for awhile. Those Hawks' logo that was put together by a firm that never came out (check that site). They were probably planning change their unis before but never did until now.

No, those are previously rejected designs, very old. From a couple years ago.

I don't want to say anything that might be considered disparaging to our friends over there (epecially since I've sent him some logos), but logoserver won't have any new logos leaked to their site.

Definitely, definitely, definitely, definitely NOT the new stuff.

Not.

Just another marketing ploy to get more jersey sells because they suck. How about this, lets now have teams every 3 years just up and switch to a TOTALLY new identity. I mean, its not so far off from what we have now. Amirite?

Not.

Aerosmith just called, they want their logo back.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Just another marketing ploy to get more jersey sells because they suck. How about this, lets now have teams every 3 years just up and switch to a TOTALLY new identity. I mean, its not so far off from what we have now. Amirite?

I'm guessing you're not a big euro soccer fan.

I'm guessing you're not a big euro soccer fan.

Actually, no, but they don't do what i'm saying. I know you're talking about how they change uni designs every two years are so for teh monies, but i'm talking about changing the logo and colors just because. At least in their case they keep the team identity intact.

Not.

Aerosmith just called, they want their logo back.

That one always reminded me of the original Air Jordan logo (ball with wings)

Not.

You and I are probably the only two that know what's going on with the Hawks.

The Hawks have had a 40% clearance sale on their non-retro items the last couple games, so the change is definitely happening. Stay tuned.

You and I are probably the only two that know what's going on with the Hawks.

I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW!

I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW!

:P

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived