Capn89's Buried Treasure/Junk

capn89

Vol. V / Vol. IV / Vol. III / Vol. II / Vol. I

Some of these you may have seen before, some maybe not, but let's begin.

These first three are in the Capitals current colors and current logos. The original coloring actually featured a style similar to the Vancouver Canucks former alternate jersey. The shoulder and arm areas fades from blue down to black (on the bottom) and the coloring on the bottom of the jersey and cuffs we opposite of the fade around it. I decided to try a traditional coloring and fell in love with the blue so then decided to make a white version.

Caps001.jpg

Caps002.jpg

Next is the third jersey. It used to feature a much different striping pattern (rather than the white/bronze/white). It also used to be a brighter blue, red, black and silver. I recolored (and restriped it) to match the current Caps' colors.

Caps003.jpg

(The last four coming up in the next post)

Then there are these. They're done in a red/white/blue/silver scheme with the unused Caps logo and a pretty wacky design. But that's what I'm all about. These were originally based around black/red/blue/silver with black being the primary color but those were lame, and the logo too. So this is what I have now.

Caps004.jpg

Caps005.jpg

Caps006.jpg

Finally these is this. I recolored this at 3am. At 3am, I loved it. When I woke up later, I didn't love it. When I looked at it again later, I thought it was OK. So I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like the design, not sure if the colors are keen. Tear it up.

Caps007.jpg

WOW! All of these are great! My favorites, though are the grey, the RWB alternate (blue), and the current color alternate. However, I would buy any of the if the caps switched to them.

BTW, I thought that the logo on the RWB jersey belonged to the Fayetteville Patriots.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

WOW! All of these are great! My favorites, though are the grey, the RWB alternate (blue), and the current color alternate. However, I would buy any of the if the caps switched to them.

BTW, I thought that the logo on the RWB jersey belonged to the Fayetteville Patriots.

I've always been told it was the Caps unused logo.

From NHLUniforms.com

CapitalsNeverWorn.gif

• 2 weeks later...

These really are great, I like the template, did you use it to put on a EA nhl game? Anyways, they all really stand out, the rwb ones are sweet

Yeah, I've been making jerseys since 2001/2002, and these are all in NHL 2002 style. Thanks for the comments. :)

If I'm not mistaken, is the shape the eagle is in is the outline of Washington D.C. That's pretty cool.

I don't like the last (most recent) try's logo, But I think the striping and colors on it would be extremely appropriate for the logo of the of the uniform before your most recent.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived