Most Expensive Hat EVER

swilson160

Brian Urlacher was fined $100,000 by the NFL for wearing a hat with the logo for Vitamin Water on it, and for drinking a bottle of Vitamin Water, during his Super Bowl Media Day press conference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2841997

nfl_u_urlacher_195.jpg

This was because Vitamin Water was not an authorized sponsor. Had it been the regular season, the fine would've been $10,000; for the Pro Bowl, $50,000 (because SO many more people watch the Pro Bowl than the regular season, I guess?).

Unauthorized logo creep is darn expensive.

100693wb0.jpg

June 14, 2004 -- Actress Alicia Witt models what is claimed to be the most expensive hat ever made, the $2,700,000 Champrau d'Amour, by celebrity couture hat designer Louis Mariette, at Christies in London. The hat, which is covered entirely in dazzling diamonds and inspired by entwined ivy and bluebells, is not for sale at auction.

:D

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

100693wb0.jpg

June 14, 2004 -- Actress Alicia Witt models what is claimed to be the most expensive hat ever made, the $2,700,000 Champrau d'Amour, by celebrity couture hat designer Louis Mariette, at Christies in London. The hat, which is covered entirely in dazzling diamonds and inspired by entwined ivy and bluebells, is not for sale at auction.

I had always wondered what the most expensive hat in the world is.... now I wish I hadn't...

I saw, I came, I left.

100693wb0.jpg

Keep the hat. I'll take Alicia Witt. :D

philly.png

I have to imagine Vitamin Water knew this fine was going to come if they got a player to push their product on media day, and probably took the cost of that fine in to account when they decided to advertise this way.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Honestly...what is $100,000 to them? Chump change. That is great advertising for them, as good as any of the few dumb commercials during the Super Bowl that would have cost them millions and millions.

Honestly...what is $100,000 to them? Chump change. That is great advertising for them, as good as any of the few dumb commercials during the Super Bowl that would have cost them millions and millions.

Kind of reminds me when Apex (or some name similar to that) paid LT (The ORIGINAL 'LT' - Lawrence Taylor) a ridiculous amount of money to wear one of those semi-turtleneck shirts with their logo on the collar when he was being honored at Giants Stadium during halftime. His pic and that logo were in virtually EVERY sport section in the country. Imagine how much money it would have taken to do that. I'm still not sure if in the end their campaign really worked that well anyway.

If vitaminwater wants to sponsor me here, I'm willing to pay whatever fine CC would levy. (Do we have an official flavored water of the CCSLC yet?) :P

That said, the most asinine part of this whole affair is the fine itself. $100,000 may be chump change to an All-Pro like Urlacher, but consider that when Me-O spat in DeAngelo Hall's face during the Cowboys-Falcons game, he was fined $35,000. So according to the NFL, spitting in another man's face is 1/3 as egregious a sin as wearing a unapproved company's logo at a press conference. (A similar discrepancy was revealed when Sean Taylor spat in someone's face and was fined more or less the same as Clinton Portis, whose violation was wearing non-uniform socks.) :blink:

Roger Goodell: EXPLAIN. Now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

(Do we have an official flavored water of the CCSLC yet?) :P

Maz's Pittsburgh Punch... tastes just like Iron City Beer, only its water!

/pointless comment

have you ever had beer?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived