Raptors Atlanic Division Champions banner

DEAD!

The Raps had a 47-35 record, so it's not there fault the rest of the teams suck.

If SportsCenter doesn't talk about it all the time, most Americans won't notice it ever happened :P

The Raps had the 4th best record in the East (3rd seed due to division champion) and had the best W-L record in the conference since the beginning of the calendar year... I just really really really hope they beat the snot out of Vince.

You know VC will do EVERYTHING in his power to prevent that from happening though. He most definitely wouldn't want to lose to his former team. As for me, I haven't been this pumped for a Nets series before it began since the 2003 NBA Finals. What about the people up in T-dot? They pumped and ready for the chance to bounce Vince?

-E.A.R.

Nothing special.

I concur, rather drab and rather silly to lift it up now, it's as if you're saying "We're going to fold in the playoffs so lets celebrate now".

I have had beefs with this franchise since day one. It was ripe with ugly politics to begin with, it agreed to a ridiculous expansion contract (pulling the rug out from Vancouver, who had to begrudgingly go along with the terms), it ignored the history of the NBA in Toronto and rolled out one of the worst logos, names and uniforms in NBA history.

I want them to do well, but I am still not on board with this franchise. If they switch to blue and adopt the 'Huksies' name I'd pledge allegiance immediately.

None the less, congrats Raptors fans, I'm happy for you and I wish your team the best for the playoffs.

The Raps had a 47-35 record, so it's not there fault the rest of the teams suck.

If SportsCenter doesn't talk about it all the time, most Americans won't notice it ever happened :P

The Raps had the 4th best record in the East (3rd seed due to division champion) and had the best W-L record in the conference since the beginning of the calendar year... I just really really really hope they beat the snot out of Vince.

You know VC will do EVERYTHING in his power to prevent that from happening though. He most definitely wouldn't want to lose to his former team. As for me, I haven't been this pumped for a Nets series before it began since the 2003 NBA Finals. What about the people up in T-dot? They pumped and ready for the chance to bounce Vince?

-E.A.R.

I'm going to game one, and I plan to boo Wince Harder louder than I've ever booed before.

Nothing special.

It's dignified, which is more then one can say for that garish party favour the Heat have masquerading as an NBA champs banner.

Nothing special.

I concur, rather drab and rather silly to lift it up now, it's as if you're saying "We're going to fold in the playoffs so lets celebrate now".

I have had beefs with this franchise since day one. It was ripe with ugly politics to begin with, it agreed to a ridiculous expansion contract (pulling the rug out from Vancouver, who had to begrudgingly go along with the terms), it ignored the history of the NBA in Toronto and rolled out one of the worst logos, names and uniforms in NBA history.

I want them to do well, but I am still not on board with this franchise. If they switch to blue and adopt the 'Huksies' name I'd pledge allegiance immediately.

None the less, congrats Raptors fans, I'm happy for you and I wish your team the best for the playoffs.

Again, it's a classy and dignified design, much like the Boston Celtics' championship banners. I would rather have it "dull" then overly garish like Miami's NBA champs banner.

As for the name/logos/colours/etc..., yes the early uniforms and the dino dribbling the basketball sucked, but they were a product of the mid 1990's, so what else do you expect? Since then they have steadily improved their look, making it more "professional" as opposed to garish and cartoony. They're almost perfect, they just need to ditch the dino logo all together. The current uniforms are modern, but over-the-top. All in all, they have a solid look.

As for the Huskies thing, while it would have been nice, I'm kind of glad they opted to develop their own identity and not leach off of a long-dead franchise's legacy, like a certain Ottawa-based NHL team decided to do :P

Archived