HOW Conference

fiasco!

Just wondering if anyone is making the trek to Atlanta for the HOW Design Conference from June 10 - 13. I'll be there and would love to meet up with any of my fellow Creamerites while there. Should be an awesome time. Just got my confirmation for my room at the Marriott Atlanta Marquis, across from the Hyatt (where the conference is).

http://howconference.com/

I was going to go when I was at my last job...not sure why they wouldn't let me go after I quit though...

But now I work at Reebok so I get to go to the NFL Draft instead...

:D

DAM U ! lol

How u get to work a reebok ? Must of been a nice cake.

As for the HOW Conference i would love to go, but mother wont let me out....... okay okay its too far for me , but the other exuse sounded more realiable lol.

I was going to go when I was at my last job...not sure why they wouldn't let me go after I quit though...

But now I work at Reebok so I get to go to the NFL Draft instead...

:D

DAM U ! lol

How u get to work a reebok ? Must of been a nice cake.

I'm sure the ability to type and speak proper English helped quite a bit..

I'm going for the first time.

I'm expecting a total circus of weirdo art types.

I'll try to blend in.

My first time too. I've been checking out the conference forums, looks like it's gonna be a party atmosphere. Where are you staying while you're there?

My first time too. I've been checking out the conference forums, looks like it's gonna be a party atmosphere. Where are you staying while you're there?

I got stuck at the Residence Inn down the road - but since the company's coughing up for the trip, I'm not going to complain too harshly.

I'm kind of unique in that I'm the only art/design guy at my office and have been basically my whole career. Never worked in-depth with any other designers, ADs etc., so this will be new for me on a lot of different fronts. Including what all these ad agency designers do at these conferences. I'm pretty sure I'll be out of my element, but I'm planning on doing a lot of observing and shutting up so as to not embarass myself.

Where are you staying?

I got stuck at the Residence Inn down the road - but since the company's coughing up for the trip, I'm not going to complain too harshly.

I'm kind of unique in that I'm the only art/design guy at my office and have been basically my whole career. Never worked in-depth with any other designers, ADs etc., so this will be new for me on a lot of different fronts. Including what all these ad agency designers do at these conferences. I'm pretty sure I'll be out of my element, but I'm planning on doing a lot of observing and shutting up so as to not embarass myself.

Where are you staying?

I'm staying at the Marriott across the street from the conference.

I'm in a similar position, at my previous three jobs I was the art department. At my current job, there are two of us in my market. With numbers like that, the sales team always wins. My company has 5 or six different markets with a similar setup to ours, either one or two designers in each. We do have an annual creative retreat (the HOW conference is this year's) where we get to basically build a rapport with each other. It's always nice to get together with a group of people you tend to have a lot in common with.

Have you checked out the forums (forum.howconference.com)? Seems to be a bunch of cool people there.

I live in Atlanta, so if anyone wants to saddle up for a Happy Hour, I'll be at the Twisted Taco in Midtown (all cab drivers know where it is), where the margaritas flow like wine and the ladies drink 'em as if there is no tomorrow.

PM me if interested.

• 1 month later...

Got back home from the conference yesterday, and it was awesome! I feel GREAT about what I do for a living and who I am as a person after meeting with and listening to so many people that do the same thing for a living. Creatives are truly a different breed and I highly encourage any and every designer/photographer/illustrator/creative type to attend next year's conference in Boston. I'm starting my HOW fund immediately!

Got back home from the conference yesterday, and it was awesome! I feel GREAT about what I do for a living and who I am as a person after meeting with and listening to so many people that do the same thing for a living. Creatives are truly a different breed and I highly encourage any and every designer/photographer/illustrator/creative type to attend next year's conference in Boston. I'm starting my HOW fund immediately!

Any nibbles from the PNW?

That's great you had a good time, but now that you are back, could you please read your PMs :D

Seriously though, I wish I had enough talent to do what you do for a living, i'm jealous.. I wanna attend conferences that would actually interest me, hah.

Archived