South Carolina Gamecocks Display New Unis At Spring Game

Cola

During halftime after Hootie & the Blowfish performed, a few of the players came out to display the new uniforms from Under Armour that they will be sporting this coming season. My first thought was that they looked great and all...but RED...not garnet. Supposedly, Under Armour is fixing that and it's why the whole team didn't dress in them and why there wasn't a red jersey on display.

Also, I personally don't think our new uniforms are going to match well with our helmets since they have a traditional striping pattern. I think Maryland looks funky with their setup like that already. The only other team I can think of with new-age uniforms and a striping pattern on the helmet is Miami. I say we should just remove our striping pattern and increase the size of our logo, then voila!

Anyways, the pics:

kennyandcory.jpg

capcorkenjap.jpg

capandjap1.jpg

I'm not very shocked about them not having the garnet jersey ready. The Wilson plant in TN, which is where Under Armour unis are made, is pretty bad about making jerseys the wrong color. When they made the first set of Troy (State) Adidas jerseys, they made them dark maroon instead of cardinal.

I know we are small fish to the schools you mentioned SCHelmet.. , but Bowling Green has "new age" piping on the pants and jersey but a traditional brown-white-brown stripe on the helmet. . . which has bothered me all three years they have had this uni set.

fade.gif

Had they left the shoulders with only the thin "garnet" stripe--thus leaving room for the logo--this wouldn't be half bad.

I will admit, though, that my first thought was Atlanta Falcons.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Unis are... nothing special. Not too ugly, not very nice, average "new age" stuff. Does not work with the Gamecock-C at all.

Interresting fact that Wilson does the uniforms for UA, Adidas and... Who else? Isn't there a company that does Reebok and at least someone else?

The Unis are... nothing special. Not too ugly, not very nice, average "new age" stuff. Does not work with the Gamecock-C at all.

Interresting fact that Wilson does the uniforms for UA, Adidas and... Who else? Isn't there a company that does Reebok and at least someone else?

Well Adidas owns Reebok, so I would think they would both do them there.

Illinois also has traditional striping on their helmet, and dumb inconsistant piping on their jerseys and pants.

Also, I don't consider Miami's helmet to clash. Regardless of tradition, the fact that the outside green stripes are thin and the orange stripe is thick, it makes their helmet match.

Now they look like everyone else. How said is it that in college football, "everyone else" means new-age, piping-all-over, already-outdated crap?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

adidas doesn't use Wilson anymore, mostly because of the color issues. In 2002, the only year they made Tennessee football jerseys, they couldn't mange to make the jersey stripes and the numbers even remotely the same color of orange. adidas now uses Betlin (though they are being phased out in football) and Ripon, the company that makes the Reebok on-field NFL jerseys.

Can someone explain to me why a team that plays in the Hot south would want to wear black? It makes no sense. Especially when they have the beautiful garnett color. I wish they would just stay garnett.

We are going to have garnet uniforms also...if they ever get the color right. As far as the heat goes, I'm not so sure that a black jersey would get any hotter than a navy or purple or dark red uniform, I may be wrong though. Duke, Wake, Texas Tech, & Vandy to name a few use black jerseys at some point in the South.

Illinois also has traditional striping on their helmet, and dumb inconsistant piping on their jerseys and pants.

Also, I don't consider Miami's helmet to clash. Regardless of tradition, the fact that the outside green stripes are thin and the orange stripe is thick, it makes their helmet match.

I agree with you on Miami though, it does seem to look well with their uniforms. Again, I just think Maryland's look is pretty stupid with the helmet and something tells me our helmet isn't going to look so great either with the striping.

Here is a concept I did of what I think could be better than the helmet we have with stripes:

helmet_concept.jpg

And some people are calling for a modern look of our logo too...especially this one below. Someone did this and put it on banners around the game so I found a picture and vectorized it.

gamecock_concept_final2.jpg

Can someone explain to me why a team that plays in the Hot south would want to wear black? It makes no sense. Especially when they have the beautiful garnett color. I wish they would just stay garnett.

We are going to have garnet uniforms also...if they ever get the color right. As far as the heat goes, I'm not so sure that a black jersey would get any hotter than a navy or purple or dark red uniform, I may be wrong though. Duke, Wake, Texas Tech, & Vandy to name a few use black jerseys at some point in the South.

I agree with you on Miami though, it does seem to look well with their uniforms. Again, I just think Maryland's look is pretty stupid with the helmet and something tells me our helmet isn't going to look so great either with the striping.

Here is a concept I did of what I think could be better than the helmet we have with stripes:

helmet_concept.jpg

And some people are calling for a modern look of our logo too...especially this one below. Someone did this and put it on banners around the game so I found a picture and vectorized it.

gamecock_concept_final2.jpg

Wins points for serious abstraction, that's for sure.

And about the point of the helmet not matching this uniform sets at all...that was one of my major gripes when I first saw this set in these boards...traditional striping with block "C" to boot...meets new-age style (read:funky piping and abstract striping)...HMMMMM....

(one positive: do my eyes deceive me, or is that tackle twill I see??? The numbers, that is...)

(Way off-base: I had fun watching the Mustangs play the Maryland Terrapins in "Gridiron Gang" last night... :D more UA advertising eh?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

adidas doesn't use Wilson anymore, mostly because of the color issues. In 2002, the only year they made Tennessee football jerseys, they couldn't mange to make the jersey stripes and the numbers even remotely the same color of orange. adidas now uses Betlin (though they are being phased out in football) and Ripon, the company that makes the Reebok on-field NFL jerseys.

Actually, Adidas just now switched to ACO for their football uniforms. They still get Ripon and Wilson to make uniforms for some teams, mainly the elite ones, but ACO carries a bulk of the work. In fact, our new home jerseys at Troy are getting made by ACO.

Archived