April 18th, 2007

Swiss

No, common Englishmen don't own the Malvinas. The Falkland Islands Company owns the islands since the 1833 English invasion.

English fans have chanted that when they play Argentina since the 1982 war, like how they chant "Two World Wars and ONE WORLD CUP!" when they play Germany.

I already know that. I answered to the Englishman here and I used your post for adding more explanation.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

...like how they chant "Two World Wars and ONE WORLD CUP!" when they play Germany.

I have to admit, this one made me grin a little.

Now that I mentioned it, I found something I made for the 2002 World Cup... :D

englandwc2002.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Nice banner but the English are watching that Argentina has 2 World Cups and 14 America Cups and Germany has 3 World Cups and 3 European Cups.

England only got 1 World Cup in home (thanks to a dubious goal in the final game) and no continental cup. And the French bettered the English stituation winning 1 World Cup and 2 European Cups... mon Dieu!

Ah. In 1990 Germany eliminated England and went to the final winning the World Cup.

;)

pennants.png

Nice banner but the English are watching that Argentina has 2 World Cups and 14 America Cups and Germany has 3 World Cups and 3 European Cups.

England only got 1 World Cup in home (thanks to a dubious goal in the final game) and no continental cup. And the French bettered the English stituation winning 1 World Cup and 2 European Cups... mon Dieu!

Ah. In 1990 Germany eliminated England and went to the final winning the World Cup.

;)

_41250014_england5_1_416.jpg

:D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm a Frenchspoken Swiss, not a German so this pic didn't bother me. :D

And you can win big matches and never win big championships.

pennants.png

And you can win big matches and never win big championships.

Of course. Look at the US' national team, or the Dutch for that matter... :(

That is true strongly with the Dutch... they won a 1988 European Cup... but neveeeer a World Cup. And they deserved to win the one of 1974.

pennants.png

That is true strongly with the Dutch... they won a 1988 European Cup... but neveeeer a World Cup. And they deserved to win the one of 1974.

Of course I wasn't around to see either of those events, but knowing the history of the Dutch soccer team like I do (since I claim to be the #1 Oranje fan around these parts), hellz yeah they should've won the 74 Cup. They were amazingly good, almost revolutionary with the Total Football strategy they played with. Cruyff and the rest of them long haired, orange-clad boys were the reason why I became an Oranje fan. They were just so awesome. I still say that the only reason the Germans won that Cup was because of the "Any Given Day" rule. The Dutch were incredible that year.

Yet they're still searching. <_<

Archived