Watch this Japanese pitch...

Swiss

Believe it or not, I could actually throw that pitch for a strike with pretty good consistency in high school and college. I never had the stones to try it out in an actual game, but I'd break it out in batting practice for laughs.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Had you seen how the guy boasted after his strike? :lol:

Man, he was very funny and fully an arrogant one, ha ha ha!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Believe it or not, I could actually throw that pitch for a strike with pretty good consistency in high school and college. I never had the stones to try it out in an actual game, but I'd break it out in batting practice for laughs.

Same here....I've been doing a variation of that pitch since my older cousin taught it to me while I was in junior high. Tried it once in a game, and got the hook immediately.

Same here....I've been doing a variation of that pitch since my older cousin taught it to me while I was in junior high. Tried it once in a game, and got the hook immediately.

From your manager? Or the ump?

Hook usually means manager, I'm just looking for clarification that it is technically a legal pitch. Balk's I believe are supposed to be about decieving the runner. This just decieves the batter, so I guess it can't be a balk, just looks weird.

Hook usually means manager, I'm just looking for clarification that it is technically a legal pitch. Balk's I believe are supposed to be about decieving the runner. This just decieves the batter, so I guess it can't be a balk, just looks weird.

If some one is trying to steal on that pitch, I really doubt he'll be caught :blink:

1zqy8ok.gif

It's not a balk, just a very unorthodox pitch. There's nothing in the rules that states one can't throw the ball behind one's back.

As long as one foot is touching the pitcher's plate (rubber), and as long as the ball goes directly from the pitcher to home plate, it's legal (not counting spitballs and doctored pitches).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If someone has the balls to do that during an actual game, then it should be allowed.

Mmmmhhhh... if you watch again that video, you could see that there isn't any spectator at the grandstand and bleachers. Only some players and managers.

It might be a friendly game for some semipros.

pennants.png

Yeah, from my manager. If it was the ump, I'd have gotten the "boot".

I saw the late Eddie Feigner throw that exact pitch, only with a lot more velocity on it... and with a softball.

I recall watching a bare-knuckle match between Gentleman Jim Corbett and an Eskimo fellow, back in nineteen dickety-five.

:upside:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I saw the late Eddie Feigner throw that exact pitch, only with a lot more velocity on it... and with a softball.

I recall watching a bare-knuckle match between Gentleman Jim Corbett and an Eskimo fellow, back in nineteen dickety-five.

But it doesn't count... because it was pitched in a rounders game when baseball didn't exist yet.

pennants.png

Are you sure it wasn't nineteen dickety-ought? I thought the Kaiser had banned five's by then. I could be mistaken.

Archived