Parlez-vous Anglais?

Bonjour

Au Revoir

Sil-vous plait

Merci

I survived for a week. Most everyone in Quebec City speaks english

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

does this city have an older team he could play for? if his size is whats keeping him from playing for his age group, why not just bump him up a level.

its not really fair to punish him. its not his fault that the league organizors didnt want to play in a higher league.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

does this city have an older team he could play for? if his size is whats keeping him from playing for his age group, why not just bump him up a level.

its not really fair to punish him. its not his fault that the league organizors didnt want to play in a higher league.

That would be the fair thing to do, he is just 8 years old its not fair he is getting punished but if he is too big and too good for other 8 years olds let him play with 10 year olds. If I recall hearing Gretzky was playing with 13 year olds when he was 9.

Besides if he is real good and makes the NHL in a decade he will laugh at all the French Canadiens as they wish he was a Hab.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So he was banned for being too good?

well me and him have something in common though since I was banned from my adult league because I had 48goals-21assists-69points-40Pims in 14games.. so me and jared i guess have a bond...

but he shouldn't of been banned either

*stands up, begins slow clap*

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

A short version of Canadian history: The English Canadians beat the French Canadians during the Seven Years War, and the French Canadians have been vying for a rematch ever since.

Apart from 6 Ranger companies, and 2 battalions of the Royal American Regiment sent to bolster his force from the American colonies, Wolfe's force consisted of solely British regulars.

I'm well aware of that. I'm also well aware that Louis-Joseph de Montcalm's forces were French, not French Canadian. However the battle they fought did determine Canada's destiny, and when Wolfe won it essentially secured Canada's fate as a primarily English nation.

My quote about the English Canadians defeating the French Canadians was made more to make a point and less to convey historical accuracy. IMO it accomplishes that goal rather nicely.

Seriously Fred, do you ever miss an opportunity to flaunt your intellect in a desperate plea for attention?

I went to Quebec last year and used the following French phrases

Parlez-vous Anglais?

Bonjour

Au Revoir

Sil-vous plait

Merci

It is worth noting that Québécois French is different then "standard" French.

Has anyone seen the picture of the kid? Maybe he was banned for performance enhancing drugs? :P

They can't prove that. When asked if he ever used performance enhancing drugs by the Quebec youth hockey league board he replied "Je ne suis pas ici de parler du passé."

:P

My quote about the English Canadians defeating the French Canadians was made more to make a point and less to convey historical accuracy. IMO it accomplishes that goal rather nicely.

Not really, unless you call your point getting mugged by Snazel's post an accomplishment, that is.

Seriously Fred, do you ever miss an opportunity to flaunt your intellect in a desperate plea for attention?

http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That would be the fair thing to do, he is just 8 years old its not fair he is getting punished but if he is too big and too good for other 8 years olds let him play with 10 year olds. If I recall hearing Gretzky was playing with 13 year olds when he was 9.

I had that same opinion. It's usual in everywhere when you had a kid too good for his/her age, you put him/her in a new and upper level in his/her sport.

Simple as that.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I went to Quebec last year and used the following French phrases

Parlez-vous Anglais?

Bonjour

Au Revoir

Sil-vous plait

Merci

You were a tourist. Try making a living there as an anglophone attempting to learn the french tongue. It's great if you like working as a telemarketer.

Not really, unless you call your point getting mugged by Snazel's post an accomplishment, that is.

Hahah. No. I still believe that deep down the hard core Quebec nationalists want war, because they know that they can't win another separation referendum. So in their mind, armed conflict is really the only other choice. FLQ anyone?

http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

And the point of that is? You think you're better then everyone here because you think you're smarter then all of us? Please Fred. I have news for you, you're not smarter then all of us. It's just that we're not arrogant/insecure about our IQ that we have to try and show it off at every possible opportunity, even if it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

So once again Fred, it's time to stop the "intellect with the inflated ego" act.

I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the topic of this thread. I just wanted to thank Fred for bringing some joy to a crappy Saturday morning pulling overtime at work by throwing some Vonnegut my way.

Much oblige, sir.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the topic of this thread. I just wanted to thank Fred for bringing some joy to a crappy Saturday morning pulling overtime at work by throwing some Vonnegut my way.

Much oblige, sir.

Well, I had to do something to compensate for my insecurity regarding my intelligence.. :rolleyes:;)

And for the record, it's my favourite Vonnegut short story.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Much oblige, sir.

Agreed. I read that earlier this school year and loved it.

If the family moved to Medicine Hat or Moose Jaw, there wouldn't be a problem.

Problem is that the family would love his town despite its provincial gov'ment.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived