2007 NBA Awards

NJTank

My Award Picks:

MVP - Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)

6th Man of the Year - Leandro Barbosa (PHX)

Defensive Player of the Year - Marcus Camby (DEN)

Rookie of the Year - Brandon Roy (POR)

Most Improved - Monta Ellis (GS)

Coach of the Year - Avery Johnson (DAL)

I don't know Bruce Bowen as a person, but on the court, he plays dirty and presents a constant threat of injury to the players he defends.

I have nothing against tough defense, but I can't think of a single player who has caused more ankle injuries than Bowen.

He deserves no awards, and may God have mercy on his soul. [/billyMadison]

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This isn't a homer opinion, but I really do think Kobe should be the MVP. Would the Lakers be even close to the playoffs without him doing what he does game after game? No. Would Dallas still be a top-tier team even without Dirk? They still have Josh Howard, so that's not that much of a problem. Steve Nash might be another good choice for the MVP, but I would still say Kobe Bryant deserves the award the most.

espnsig.gif

This isn't a homer opinion, but I really do think Kobe should be the MVP. Would the Lakers be even close to the playoffs without him doing what he does game after game? No. Would Dallas still be a top-tier team even without Dirk? They still have Josh Howard, so that's not that much of a problem. Steve Nash might be another good choice for the MVP, but I would still say Kobe Bryant deserves the award the most.

Dallas would not have 60+ without Dirk....And can't use that excuse and say Steve Nash is another good choice cause even though Dirk had Howard....Nash has 2 All-Stars in Stoudamire and Marion.

Charles Barley made a good point on ESPN. Jordan was the best player in the league in '93, but Barkley won the MVP cause he help his team to have the best record in the leauge with that year. My opinion Kobe is the best in the leauge but but borth Dirk and Nash have help their team by making their teammates better and getting the to the 2 best records in the NBA this season. Kobe did not consistantly do that cause he does not have complete trust in his teammates like her did in the beginning of the season.

My Picks:

MVP - Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)

6th Man of the Year - Leandro Barbosa (PHX)

Defensive Player of the Year - Marcus Camby (DEN)

Rookie of the Year - Brandon Roy (POR)

Most Improved - Kevin Martin (SAC)

Coach of the Year - Sam Mitchell (TOR)

These are my picks as well. Can't think of one I'd change.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'd differ for Coach of the Year. Granted what Sam Mitchell did in Toronto was nice, that is a crappy division they play in and they could of folded, you know.

Now, what Don Nelson did at Golden State was more impressive IMHO. This team hasn't been in the playoffs in over a decade and with one final push, they get in and, in my eyes, they get a dream date against a team they have success against in Dallas.

NBA season awards have ceased to have any meaning. It was a gradual process that started when Malone beat out Jordan, and finally came to its apex in the last 2 years. But seriously, I'm a huge NBA fan, and I care about these even less than the NFL MVP award. And that's pretty much a total joke, too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Anyone know when these Player of the Year Awards will be announced?

The Players of the Week/Month awards during the season were usually announced on Mondays, so that would be my guess.

I think (emphasize think) that they come out sometime this week. I'm fairly sure they have the MVP trophy presentation by Game 4 of the first round so the winner can be honored in front of the home crowd.

Oh, and my picks...

MVP-Nowitzki, I think Nash is more deserving but Dirk will get the trophy.

6th Man of the Year - Leandro Barbosa

Defensive Player of the Year - Shane Battier

Rookie of the Year - Brandon R.O.Y.

Most Improved - Monta Ellis

Coach of the Year - Sam Mitchell

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

NBA season awards have ceased to have any meaning. It was a gradual process that started when Malone beat out Jordan, and finally came to its apex in the last 2 years. But seriously, I'm a huge NBA fan, and I care about these even less than the NFL MVP award. And that's pretty much a total joke, too.

I have to agree ... the awards (with the exception of ROY) have become a sort of "Lifetime Achievement Award" ... a lot like the Oscars (don't even get me started on Denzel work in "Training Day" beating Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"). Last season should be forgotten and Nash should be handed the trophy (again) ... no one makes more difference to his team than the man from Canada.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Archived