Atlanta Hawks Logo Concept

-(dp)-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree that this is very good overall, but i have another little criticism, just to keep you on your toes. the wordmark on the third jersey doesnt seem to fit the curve design exactly. i would either go back and change the curve of the design to fit the curve of the wordmark(easy way) or go back and change the wordmark to fit the curve(hard way). doing it the easy way would work, but then the wordmark curve still looks wierd. fixing it the hard way would result in a better overall look. ignore me if nobody else sees a problem there.

It's nice to see I'm becoming more and more of an influence amongst the fine folks of this community! :D

Nah--on the real, PtnD, I go play in the woods with the Army for five days, come back and see THIS.

And I got two words for you:

SIMPLY. AMAZING.

Those hawk head logos are EXACTLY what I was seeing in my head. Nothing seems forced in any of them. Simple, clean, effective (and the black hawk in the red circle offset by the yellow just has some sort of "mystique" feel to it that I'm REALLY liking). Harkens back to the glory days of the Hawks (the 'Nique days, if you will), and then I see the uniform concepts...good damn dude! Though I'd love the Hawks to keep the red/yellow/black scheme, in the grand scheme of things color-wise, the red/navy/columbia would be HOT, and fit right in with the Thrashers (since "Blueland" is such a hit with the Thrashers fanbase). True, columbia is the new "it" color in the NBA, and as such may soon be seen with the same disdain as navy is now and black was and still is, but in this guise, PtnD, this is an absolutely LOVELY first draft! And that you brought back the "swoopy look" of the 'Nique era as the third is a stroke of genius in the vein of the Cavaliers' alts (the way they integrated the dotted/dashed lines into their thirds from their older days).

You got a bright future in here, kid. Keep it up! (And let me know what's going on with you and IADT too.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

here is uniguy's suggestion:

hawksuniformsnavylime.png

Sherbert,anyone? It's as if the Orlando Thunder and the Hawks merged. I would rank it #2 on the best NBA concept on the board, second only to bucco_B's Utah Jazz powder-and-purple, and that's only because he included photoshopped pictures.

here is uniguy's suggestion:

hawksuniformsnavylime.png

Sherbert,anyone? It's as if the Orlando Thunder and the Hawks merged. I would rank it #2 on the best NBA concept on the board, second only to bucco_B's Utah Jazz powder-and-purple, and that's only because he included photoshopped pictures.

Why thank you, kind sir.

And yeah--I ain't even think of the whole Orlando Thunder connection...but it's true.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hate to be the guy who points this out... but the logo looks an awful lot like a certain justice league hero. this is the best pic I could find but you can see that the two logos are very similar. Not accusing anybody, just pointing out the similarity.

jlu0th.jpg

Well, I worked on fixing up the alternate uniforms. On the left is the first I did. On the middle one, I curved the stripe to match the first wordmark I used. The jersey on the right just has the wordmark rotated left, instead of being warped or ached to follow the curve. This is more like the uniforms that these were based on. Anyways, here they are. C+C is appreciated.

hawksalts.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

The middle jersey fixes the warping problem with the wordmark perfectly. And I still don't know what color combo I like best, which I suppose is a good thing, since the design works beautifully with all 3...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived