NHL Going to Uniformed Websites

STL FANATIC

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also now appears that instead of the team.nhl.com url's redirecting to the teams regular url, the other team url's (such as stlblues.com) now redirect to the team.nhl.com url's. In other words, the team.nhl.com is the primary url now.

This is at least true for the teams that have switched over.

Not that it really matters in the least, just something I noticed is all.

Also, I've noticed that while the team sites of philadelphiaflyers.com and sabres.com are up, the address of flyers.com and sabres.com bring you 404 errors. They're probably getting ready to launch soon.

I think it is kind of the best of both worlds in terms of what fans would rather type in for their favorite team's official site URL. Those that remember the original address such as bostonbruins.com, it still works and then it'll redirect to the bruins.nhl.com URL as STL FANATIC said. Teams even still advertise the original URL anyway. I like it.

i like the look of the sites... just threw up the islanders for fun and dont get me wrong i know sillingers family and his brother in law is a friend of the family, he's got one hot wife... but damn he's giving ricci a run for his money as ugliest mug in the nhl... couldnt they use someone better for their season ticket ad...

season_tickets.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The wordmark on the banner on the new Blue Jackets site looks like Anaheim's.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Columbus' new EDGE jerseys use a striping scheme similar to that in the banner (it does afterall use a mysterious jersey fabric in the background of it).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived