Sabres to Wear Throwbacks Tonight

jerry78n

I love over-confidence

Oh I'm not a Rangers fan, far from it. Just a Sabres hater :hockeysmiley:

Sabres-hater? I'm not a fan of theirs, but they seem very likeable. No overpaid loafers, or whiny malcontents on that team, just solid teamwork. I like 'em.

Exactly. I don't understand how anyone could not at least appreciate the way the Sabres are put together and how they play. Just because they don't have the most popular and maybe most polarizing jerseys in hockey doesn't make them hateable...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hated because they've been designated the Stanley Cup Champion before the playoffs started. Thus getting away with murder in round 1

The only people who have said that are the national media and all the so-called 'bandwagon' fans who, frankly, have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. This is the playoffs. Nobody should be taking anything for granted. Yet we have people who say they're Sabres fans saying the big shiny thing is already Buffalo's.

Well, I have news for them: It's not Buffalo's until they win the right to hoist it in June. There are still three extremely difficult opponents ahead. For the next round, it's either the Rangers or Tampa Bay. (Personally, I'll take the Lightning - both Tampa goaltenders are in the Cloutier mold - sieves.)

There hated because they've been designated the Stanley Cup Champion before the playoffs started. Thus getting away with murder in round 1

I've been watching the Buf-NYI and I don't see them getting preferential treatment. And the only reason the media may have been anointing them as the future champs is because of their awesome run at the beginning of the season. If it was another team that ran off like that, i'm sure we'd be hearing about them, too.

No overpaid loafers, or whiny malcontents on that team, just solid teamwork.

I don't understand how anyone could not at least appreciate the way the Sabres are put together and how they play.

By this logic, the Devils would be America's sweethearts. The Sabres are the darlings of the NHL because they are just starting to come into their own. People root for teams like this when they are just starting to get good. After a while, people get tired of them and start to resent them. Think Duke basketball and to a lesser extent, the Patriots. Not a knock on Buffalo. Just an observation.

BCBannersSig.png

How do they plan on doing that? NHL make an exception for them?

I don't know that there is a "no alts" or "only two jerseys" rule. During an interview, Dave Nonis, the Vancouver GM was asked about whether the Canucks would wear their throw-backs at all, and he said they could if they chose to, and this was after they'd worn the Orca both home and away.

No overpaid loafers, or whiny malcontents on that team, just solid teamwork.

I don't understand how anyone could not at least appreciate the way the Sabres are put together and how they play.

By this logic, the Devils would be America's sweethearts. The Sabres are the darlings of the NHL because they are just starting to come into their own. People root for teams like this when they are just starting to get good. After a while, people get tired of them and start to resent them. Think Duke basketball and to a lesser extent, the Patriots. Not a knock on Buffalo. Just an observation.

Yeah, but Brodeur has the rep of a cranky whiner now. Fair or not.

Their fans are so pompus. Let's go Rangers!

I freely admit that there are a lot of fans jumping on the Sabres bandwagon, and I also freely admit that a lot of those fans have nothing better to do than mindlessly badmouth every other team and roll with "The Sabers ROX" or some other crap like that. It's a shame that a few jerks give the whole fanbase a bad name.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

QUOTE(Lamicus @ Friday, April 20th, 2007 - 21:53:57) *

QUOTE(bigreid07 @ Friday, April 20th, 2007 - 19:45:31) *

I've def heard no thirds during the playoffs. I'm SURE the NHL made the allowance them...since the Pens are out, they'll be the NHL's new buttbuddies.

So you're what, 14? 15?

Don't associate a comment like that with a 14 year old. That's more like a 7th or 8th grade comment.

Uh, 14 years old = 8th grade.

Mitch

I take lame to a new level.

Their fans are so pompus. Let's go Rangers!

Either...

1) you don't know the meaning of pompous (if your spelling is any indication, you don't) or,

2) you've never met a real Sabres fan.

If you're talking about some bandwagon fan... well, :censored: 'em. We got this far without them, we certainly don't need them now. True Buffalo fans have spent years feeling that the whole world was against us. We're not about to accept a bunch of fair weather cheerleaders into the mix.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I think the league allowed this for Buffalo, because of the outrage towards their new jerseys. What I heard was that they want to wear the vintage duds for every series clincher, if they are at home. They intend on hoisting the cup in vintage style.

I think the league allowed this for Buffalo, because of the outrage towards their new jerseys. What I heard was that they want to wear the vintage duds for every series clincher, if they are at home. They intend on hoisting the cup in vintage style.

Unless they win it on the road of course.

I think its great that the Sabres are wearing the throwbacks for the series clinchers, but my only problem is that the pants and helmet don't match the jersey. I know this has been said a lot but the Canucks look so much better in their throwbacks than the Sabres.

I've def heard no thirds during the playoffs. I'm SURE the NHL made the allowance them...since the Pens are out, they'll be the NHL's new buttbuddies.

So you're what, 14? 15?

Don't associate a comment like that with a 14 year old. That's more like a 7th or 8th grade comment.

Mitch

Me=14=Freshman

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

How do they plan on doing that? NHL make an exception for them?

I don't know that there is a "no alts" or "only two jerseys" rule. During an interview, Dave Nonis, the Vancouver GM was asked about whether the Canucks would wear their throw-backs at all, and he said they could if they chose to, and this was after they'd worn the Orca both home and away.

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if they wear the throwbacks on Monday for game 7.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 22nd, 2007 - 00:24:44)

I think its great that the Sabres are wearing the throwbacks for the series clinchers, but my only problem is that the pants and helmet don't match the jersey. I know this has been said a lot but the Canucks look so much better in their throwbacks than the Sabres.

So you're what, 14? 15?

Mitch

Me=14=Freshman

Unless your birthday's in the summer or you skipped a year, you would be 14 during 8th grade year too.

Their fans are so pompus [sic]. Let's go Rangers!

Really? Do you even know what pompous means? If there is an American city that feels more insecure about itself and has less to be pretentious about, it's Buffalo. This is not intended as disrespect to Buffalo, but what are they known for nationally? Losing 4 Super Bowls in a row, a population in a freefalling decline, horrible winters and spicy chicken. I've been to Buffalo, and it was one of the least pretentious, pompous places I've ever been to. I don't know where you picked that one up... especially since you're a Rangers fan. Now THERE is a pompous fan base; you'd think Jesus was born and raised in Manhattan if you listened to some of these people and the disdain they heap on anything not from The Five Boroughs.

That said, I dislike the Sabres (mostly from watching them kick the snot out of the Flyers for 2-3 years straight), but the throwbacks are the best things on the ice right now. Any chance to put them on the ice instead of the wretched Buffaslug is a wise move. Well played, Sabres.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived