Sabres to Wear Throwbacks Tonight

jerry78n

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a ridiculously shameless homer announcer

Say what you will about my team, my hometown, our fans and our uniforms, but leave Rick Jeanneret out of it. RJ makes a game interesting. Every time I sit through another team's broadcast, I have little doubt why the NHL struggles for TV ratings. Most announcers around the league can make a great game sound boring.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Say what you will about my team, my hometown, our fans and our uniforms, but leave Rick Jeanneret out of it. RJ makes a game interesting. Every time I sit through another team's broadcast, I have little doubt why the NHL struggles for TV ratings. Most announcers around the league can make a great game sound boring.

Rick Jeanneret is one of the greatest game announcers of all time. Shame on MSG for sticking him in a booth with someone else. If there were ever a broadcaster that didn't need assistance, it is Jeanneret.

Some of my fondest sports memories of all time are narrated by Jeanneret, and I'm sure there's a correlation there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Rick Jeanneret is one of the greatest game announcers of all time. Shame on MSG for sticking him in a booth with someone else. If there were ever a broadcaster that didn't need assistance, it is Jeanneret.

Some of my fondest sports memories of all time are narrated by Jeanneret, and I'm sure there's a correlation there.

Same here

It's not like he is on a national broadcast. He is only on in Buffalo. If he was on VS. ,NBC, or CBC he should not be biased. He has been with the team since 1970 and loves his team.

As for the throwbacks, They should wear them every game for the rest of the playoffs if possible. It should probably help marketing also. There are very few throwback jerseys around, but millions of new jerseys. If somebody sees the Sabres in throwback unis lifting the cup, they may be more likley to buy one.

saBS.png

Archived