Red Sox in Green

Billy B

Random Note: The Orioles radio post-game announcers didn't know about the tribute and thought that the Red Sox had mixed up their holidays.

(This in no way means I've switched allegiances, the radio station I work for is an Orioles affiliate and I had to listen to the game tonight.)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I personally thought they looked little league-ish in these, but with the way the evening unfolded, I'll refrain from complaining.

Side note: Has anyone who occasionaly watches Sox games on NESN noticed how unbarebly obnoxious Julian Tavarez is? He's always glued to Dice-K's hip and neither he, nor his translator is paying any attention to what he has to say. Somebody should accidently put pinetar on the brim of his hat.

I just saw it and was coming back to edit my last one saying i found it but thanks anyway Ryan. And its good to see Sox fans in CT. In Mass. Connecticutians are all stereotyped as yankee fans.

This is a rough estimate of how Connecticut is affiliated.

NYvsSOX.jpg

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

In reference to the last image posted... I'm a Red Sox fan from Bridgeport... part of the 'Yankee territory', for lack of a better term. So that's the fun part for me!

I love the Red Sox green uniforms. Absolutely love them. I'm wearing mine right now, trying to decide which player to get on the back. But this is the first time I've watched them play a game in them. They look great in pictures, bad when you're watching the game, I think. I feel the same way about the red uniforms, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

In reference to the last image posted... I'm a Red Sox fan from Bridgeport... part of the 'Yankee territory', for lack of a better term. So that's the fun part for me!

I love the Red Sox green uniforms. Absolutely love them. I'm wearing mine right now, trying to decide which player to get on the back. But this is the first time I've watched them play a game in them. They look great in pictures, bad when you're watching the game, I think. I feel the same way about the red uniforms, though.

The red uniforms have grown on me tremendously recently. I grew up with the blue pullovers (ST/BP) and absolutely loved those. I even hated when Henry and Co. switched the undershirt color from blue to red a few years back, I damn near cried when those pullovers found their way to the trash heap. Now though, I don't miss them, I think the red uni's are a thing of beauty and I'd love to see them throw the red cap on when they wear them. The green uniforms need to stay in spring training, period. Sure their fun a corky on St. Patricks day, but just ridiculous in the regular season. Honoring Auerbach was an acception, but I hope these are never worn during the season again.

I personally thought they looked little league-ish in these, but with the way the evening unfolded, I'll refrain from complaining.

Side note: Has anyone who occasionaly watches Sox games on NESN noticed how unbarebly obnoxious Julian Tavarez is? He's always glued to Dice-K's hip and neither he, nor his translator is paying any attention to what he has to say. Somebody should accidently put pinetar on the brim of his hat.

Do you get more games as a repeat offender?

<-----Figured he was worthless after busting up his hand punching a bullpen phone in the 2004 playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do you get more games as a repeat offender?

<-----Figured he was worthless after busting up his hand punching a bullpen phone in the 2004 playoffs.

Bigboy, your map of CT Yankee/Sox loyalty is relatively accurate, however, you should put the Yankees firmly in New Haven and New Britain/Bristol (and areas east) firmly in Red Sox territory - lest you forget the Yankees had their AA farm team in West Haven for almost 10 years and the Sox were in New Britain/Bristol for over 20. I don't think you're "Fun Area" is as big as you portray it.

I'd bow the Sox parabola outward to include Middletown, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden and Hartford and move the Yankee line further right to New Haven.

I'm from Milford (althought I live in Boston and went to college here at Northeastern) and I don't remember anyone growing up who was a Sox fan in my school.

As for why the Sox wore their green uni's last night - they're not honoring Red Auerbach any more than their honoring Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Alexander Hamilton and Andrew Jackson - i.e. It's a money play.

People would buy a colostomy bag if it came emblazoned with a Red Sox logo on it.

Random Note: The Orioles radio post-game announcers didn't know about the tribute and thought that the Red Sox had mixed up their holidays.

(This in no way means I've switched allegiances, the radio station I work for is an Orioles affiliate and I had to listen to the game tonight.)

Orioles position players and coaches wore VT wristbands Friday night.

I just saw it and was coming back to edit my last one saying i found it but thanks anyway Ryan. And its good to see Sox fans in CT. In Mass. Connecticutians are all stereotyped as yankee fans.

NYvsSOX.jpg

Good to see the home of ESPN in Bristol is neither in Sox or Yanks territory? :P

I saw, I came, I left.

It's great that they wore these to honor Red Auerbach.

Now let's hope we never see them again. Red and kelly green...

punchballs.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Why did they chose tonight to honor Auerbach? I thought he died a few months ago...

Guessing because they weren't playing a few months ago.

They were actually supposed to wear those about a week earlier, but the game was rained out. The original date was picked to honor Red becasue it was the 50th anniversary of the first Celtics World Championship.

They also draped the Celtics championship flags over the top of the Green Monster before the game, and had Bob Cousy throw out the first ball.

I really liked the green look, especially with the red. Sure, it did look Christmassy, but that's bad?

Maybe this should become a tradition for the Red Sox, especially with all the Irish in Boston. Call it Irish Day or Celtic Day or Late St. Patrick's Day.

Looks awesome. Darken the green a bit and these should be their regular colors. Pretty much everyone I'm related to would instantly become a vocal, merchandise-purchasing Red Sox fan the instant they switched from blue to red green.

Edit: D'oh! Meant to say I want the Sox to switch from blue to green in their color scheme.

20082614447.png

I have one of the green hats

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

NYvsSOX.jpg

Good to see the home of ESPN in Bristol is neither in Sox or Yanks territory? :P

Given the way ESPN covers both teams, one would think they were the Bristol Red Sox and the Bristol Yankees.

Archived