USA Baseball Uniforms

averyj

From Uni watch:

Daniel Kinderman and Mike Toriello both report having received the following communiqué from USA Baseball: ?In this survey, we will ask you to help U.S.A. Baseball select its uniform and headwear logo design. When considering the logos presented to you, please select the one you feel would best represent Team U.S.A. when they compete in national and international team competitions such as the World Baseball Classic and the Olympics.? Four options were given: the current design (Kinderman?s choice), and then this (Toriello?s choice), this, and this. Anyone else think these logo all look like postmarks? Not a decent cap in the bunch, either (and I swear to god, if anyone posts a comment about the flag sleeve patch being ?backwards,? I?m gonna just blow up the site).

I'd say this is a "pick your poison" type of thing. I personally would go with number four.

Remember, you didn't see it here first!

:D

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

#4 is far and away the best of the set, but it does kinda look like "USE", perhaps a Freudian response to the question oft posed to Barry Bonds, "Did you or did you not use performance-enhancing drugs?"

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the 4th one and the current one. They would all look a lot better if they would use USA on the hat or US on the jersey. Or, they could possibly put United States across the front of the jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

None of these are impressive, but the 4th is the best. Someone please design something better than these four unis.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 22nd, 2007 - 01:26:43)

That sucks I love the current USA hat logo

I'm not sure what your referring to that sucks because the current uniforms are one of the choices.

You sure about that?

The old caps have had "USA" written out, or that godawful non-interlocking "US" over the star. That was extreme clip art that wound up on a national team's uniform. Disgraceful.

My choice here: #3 or #4. Either way, none of the hats offered are sufficient. Too much blue on blue, and the "US" should be larger (America, :censored: yeah! ^_^ ).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm not an expert, but aren't there some restrictions in the rules for "proper use of the flag" that theoretically prevent it from being used as a part of clothing, etc.? That's why I always laugh inside when I see some "patriotic" guy in one of those flag shirts.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 22nd, 2007 - 00:26:43)

That sucks I love the current USA hat logo

I'm not sure what your referring to that sucks because the current uniforms are one of the choices.

I was reffering to the hats used in the most recent WBC and olympics that included US with the star in the background.

I'm not an expert, but aren't there some restrictions in the rules for "proper use of the flag" that theoretically prevent it from being used as a part of clothing, etc.? That's why I always laugh inside when I see some "patriotic" guy in one of those flag shirts.

If it wasn't actually made out of a flag, then there is no problem with it.

Archived