New Dodgers road unis.

sacker12

I like the overall look of the new Dodgers road unis, with the solid blue logos and numbers. However, I have one small beef with it: I think the numbers on the back are too thin. I know that it is supposed to be the current style with the white layer removed from it, but to me they look too thin. I think that it would be better if they use numbers like the Royals use: the thicker style numbers. To me, that would look better.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the overall look of the new Dodgers road unis, with the solid blue logos and numbers. However, I have one small beef with it: I think the numbers on the back are too thin. I know that it is supposed to be the current style with the white layer removed from it, but to me they look too thin. I think that it would be better if they use numbers like the Royals use: the thicker style numbers. To me, that would look better.

I personally loved their road uni's with the white trim and find the new duds rather dul.

I personally loved their road uni's with the white trim and find the new duds rather dull.

I see your point. I like that set, too. I was a huge fan of the color scheme that they had for the road jerseys in the 1980's. I wouldn't mind if they added a white background to the logos and lettering, though. That would look pretty good, too. I just didn't like the silver pinline.

I personally loved their road uni's with the white trim and find the new duds rather dul.

I'm with you on that. New set is BORING.

I personally loved the previous version (before they took the names off) much more than this. I think the white makes the script pop. The most important thing for me is the lack of button piping on the front, like the old one had. I don't like jerseys that have piping around the sleeves but not on the front. If they wanted to go really retro, they should have taken the piping off the sleeves and pants to made them like Koufax wore.

Most importantly, the LA patch is terrible. It just doesn't make a good sleeve patch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yep. I liked the old greys and like these even more. I think the thickness of the blue numerals on the back should match the red ones on the front, like they once dead in years past...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I like 'em. Reminds me of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

CDodgersRd.gif

That's the old one. Here's the new one:

pMLB2-2327720dt.jpg

Beautiful.

I really have no qualms over the new road set, but if they added the white trim around the blue lettering (just the white, not the gray trim) I'd have no problem. Either way would look fine to me. I loved their old roads, but these just kind of match up a little better with the homes. It's a little more "Dodgers".

Archived