New Orleans Hornets

Shroinke

I know the Hornets are moving back to New Orleans for their full 41 game home schedule next year.

And I assume they'll be returning to their regular "New Orleans Hornets" name.

But what actual changes will be made to their logo, script, and uniform set for their return?

I'm assuming they'll switch back to the hornet with "New Orleans" above and "Hornets" below it as their main logo. And they'll keep the "H" in a hexagon and hornet in a hexagon alt logos.

As for the scrits, I have no idea if they'll go back to the ones they used before Katrina (like on the logo page for the New Orleans Honets) or the newer ones they've used on both of their courts.

Finally, since they changed it due to being in OKC, I assume they'll revert to putting "New Orleans" back on their home white uniforms (rather than "Hornets") and keep "New Orleans" on the road and alt. Also, they'd probably get rid of their "OKC" patch, too.

One last curiosity: I wonder which logo/name they'll use for the Draft Lottery and NBA Draft this offseason (it's a crap shoot with teams, whether they're moving or changing logos/names in past offseasons).

I know the Hornets are moving back to New Orleans for their full 41 game home schedule next year.

And I assume they'll be returning to their regular "New Orleans Hornets" name.

But what actual changes will be made to their logo, script, and uniform set for their return?

I'm assuming they'll switch back to the hornet with "New Orleans" above and "Hornets" below it as their main logo. And they'll keep the "H" in a hexagon and hornet in a hexagon alt logos.

As for the scrits, I have no idea if they'll go back to the ones they used before Katrina (like on the logo page for the New Orleans Honets) or the newer ones they've used on both of their courts.

Finally, since they changed it due to being in OKC, I assume they'll revert to putting "New Orleans" back on their home white uniforms (rather than "Hornets") and keep "New Orleans" on the road and alt. Also, they'd probably get rid of their "OKC" patch, too.

I hope they keep the newer stuff (i.e. the Hornets script on the home jersey & the new court) and ditch those yellows. I've hated those unis since the day they came out.

"Flames" is at least generic enough to apply to the new location (as is "Hornets").

I understand the historical significance of "Hornets" to Charlotte, but it's not the same as "Jazz" and "Lakers," which are humorously incongruous (to say the least) in their new homes.

I understand the historical significance of "Hornets" to Charlotte, but it's not the same as "Jazz" and "Lakers," which are humorously incongruous (to say the least) in their new homes.

As is the Flames (why not the Calgary Icers instead?). Here again, the nick doesn't fit the town.

sig1.gif

I'm afraid I don't see the comparison.

I can understand wanting an ice-based name, but since Calgary is known for being an oil town, there is a certain amount of relevance with the name in popular imagination.

102894~A-Flame-Spurts-from-an-Oil-Refinery-in-Saudi-Arabia-Posters.jpg

The meaning shifts from Sherman's burning to the flare on a refinery vent, but it's still applicable. Not that incongruous at all.

(why not the Calgary Icers instead?)

Because that would be one of the dumbest team names this side of the Edmonton Cracker-Cats.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think "Flames" is an absolutely awesome nickname and should have been retained regardless of location.

Totally agreed, since their in-province rival is the Oilers (get it.....oil is flammable), so in a sense the nickname works)

I think "Flames" is an absolutely awesome nickname and should have been retained regardless of location.

Totally agreed, since their in-province rival is the Oilers (get it.....oil is flammable), so in a sense the nickname works)

Completely agree on the awesomeness. I've been naming every one of my fantasy/Madden/other EA games with create-a-team teams the Flames since I was 11. I love the name, and I love the Red/Black/Yellow/Orange color scheme that naturally goes with it.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I've been naming every one of my fantasy/Madden/other EA games with create-a-team teams the Flames since I was 11. I love the name, and I love the Red/Black/Yellow/Orange color scheme that naturally goes with it.

I know this thread was about the Hornets before it got jacked. And I know what I'm about to say has been said in other threads. But for crap's sake, black does not in any way suit a team called the Flames! Black is only present in the ashy remains after flames are extinguished. What kind of symbolism is that? Very poorly thought out on Calgary's part, and by anyone who supports its inclusion in the color scheme.

I've been naming every one of my fantasy/Madden/other EA games with create-a-team teams the Flames since I was 11. I love the name, and I love the Red/Black/Yellow/Orange color scheme that naturally goes with it.

I know this thread was about the Hornets before it got jacked. And I know what I'm about to say has been said in other threads. But for crap's sake, black does not in any way suit a team called the Flames! Black is only present in the ashy remains after flames are extinguished. What kind of symbolism is that? Very poorly thought out on Calgary's part, and by anyone who supports its inclusion in the color scheme.

Well, the Heat also use black in their scheme (hell, their road jersey is black).

I think it's used more as a contrast with the bright yellow/orange/red of the flame part of logos, or to represent the dark that is iluminated by said flame. Like the night behind a campfire, for example.

Well, the Heat also use black in their scheme (hell, their road jersey is black).

I think it's used more as a contrast with the bright yellow/orange/red of the flame part of logos, or to represent the dark that is iluminated by said flame. Like the night behind a campfire, for example.

I don't have a problem with Calgary using black as an accent color, but the black flame on their home jersey looks awful.

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

Utah(Beehive State) hornets

New Orleans Jazz.

problem solved. switch em up

*slap*

(Translation, thank you for thinking up this completely original, never thought up before, solution)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived