New Orleans Hornets

Shroinke

Utah(Beehive State) hornets

New Orleans Jazz.

problem solved. switch em up

*slap*

(Translation, thank you for thinking up this completely original, never thought up before, solution)

I was waiting for someone to throw that out there. Or to claim that there's no lakes in Los Angeles.

Well, the Heat also use black in their scheme (hell, their road jersey is black).

I think it's used more as a contrast with the bright yellow/orange/red of the flame part of logos, or to represent the dark that is iluminated by said flame. Like the night behind a campfire, for example.

I don't have a problem with Calgary using black as an accent color, but the black flame on their home jersey looks awful.

I'll give em a pass just because the flaming C is better than that damn horse head, in any color. But yeah, it really should be yellow, not black.

I know this thread was about the Hornets before it got jacked. And I know what I'm about to say has been said in other threads. But for crap's sake, black does not in any way suit a team called the Flames! Black is only present in the ashy remains after flames are extinguished. What kind of symbolism is that? Very poorly thought out on Calgary's part, and by anyone who supports its inclusion in the color scheme.

Well, the Heat also use black in their scheme (hell, their road jersey is black).

Have you ever worn a black shirt outside on a hot sunny day? It absorbs all the light energy from the sun, thus making you feel considerably hotter than you'd feel in a white shirt on the same day. The team name is HEAT; the use of fire elements in the logo supports the primary idea behind the nickname (temperature). Using Milo's logic, black would be understandable for a team named the Heat, but less so for a team named the Flames, where no black is seen in a flame.

(Inevitable retort: yeah, but where do we see midnight green and silver eagles in real life? Huh? HUH? All I can say is: you're right... but if your color scheme is attempting to match real life, better not to throw in elements that detract from that attempt.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'll be honest when I say that many New Orleanians want to embrace this team, but have not. I wore a Jazz throwback shirt when they had their first game. I have a hard time embracing a team whose moniker represents the city they were uprooted from. I think the uniforms are putrid and have no ties to New Orleans. This is to include the convenient love fest between the Hornets and OKC. Not to mention the cty could've played the games here this year. Recapture the Jazz name, or rename this team and I'm there. Otherwise I'm a passive fan.

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

The ABA had a club called the New Orleans Buccaneers and while most people think of Buccaneers and Tampa Bay football, the historical connection to a menacing pirate is quite accurate. Jean Lafitte and his men roamed Louisiana during the War of 1812. There should be plenty of names that would suit a New Orleans NBA franchise and give them a much needed boost in establishing their own unique identity. Just a thought. . . .

L'etoile du nord

I guess I don't see the need for it.

It's not like the name Hornets is somehow unapplicable to New Orleans....

What with the great bee diaspora of 2007, "Hornets" will soon be unapplicable to all of us. I don't know if the missing bees are a sign of man messing with nature again or the coming rapture. But boy does it suck.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Its a shame they just don't give them a new regional specific nickname and just ditch "Hornets".

You mean like "Jazz"?

And "Lakers"?

Not basketball, but Flames fit into this "category" also. :)

and also those Grizzly bears running around in Tennessee

Have you ever worn a black shirt outside on a hot sunny day? It absorbs all the light energy from the sun, thus making you feel considerably hotter than you'd feel in a white shirt on the same day.

heh, I recall reading somewhere about New Zealand's national cricket team, the Black Caps, and how with the advent of one-day internationals, they initially wore beige uniforms instead of black, which is traditionally worn by nearly every other NZ national team, the lone exception being the white-clad soccer team. Anyway, apparently they found a way to make a less-heat absorbant black fabric, which enabled the Black Caps to don black uniforms a few years back. hopefully somebody who pays a lot more attention to cricket than I do can elaborate on this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not really great names, but:

1)New Orleans Crocs (or Crocodiles)- Light Green, Dark Green, Yellow- Colors are very crocodile-y

2)New Orleans Renewal(?)- Black, Gold, White- Saints colors for reasons of association

3)New Orleans Rebirth- Purple, Aqua, Gold, Black- Combo of Saints colors and Hornets Colors

4)Louisiana Pelicans- Carolina Blue, Orange, Yellow, White- Blue for the water, orange and yellow for the beak, and white for the feathers

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Its a shame they just don't give them a new regional specific nickname and just ditch "Hornets".

You mean like "Jazz"?

And "Lakers"?

Not basketball, but Flames fit into this "category" also. :)

and also those Grizzly bears running around in Tennessee

... and all of the trolleys needing to be dodged in LA.

This is a reference to the Dodgers full name The Los Angeles Trolley Dodgers.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Sort of OT, but any word on when the 08 New Orleans All Star logo is going to be unveiled? Last year they revealed the 07 logo around All Star Weekend, right? They're late as hell this year.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived