2007 NBA Playoffs Offical Thread

NJTank

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that I have no pride, just no ability to defend my emotions in sports.

As a side note I actually referee HS sports in the Phoenix area. And I used to ref Basketball till a re-occurrence of an Achilles tendon injury I suffered in the Army ended that a couple of years ago. ESPN's boards are all lit up with lot's of different views. I understand the "letter of the law" statement the NBA issued. with the glaring spotlight on that series of events, it was literally "damed if you do and dammed if you don't!"

Most are pro Suns, and anti the suspensions. I think either way the decision went would have set a dangerous president. We will see tonight how it will be handled. Will this escalate into all out brawling, does the very hard foul of Robert Horry change the nature of the game. If Pistons, Spurs end up as the finals, will anyone be left on the bench? And what if the Suns end up winning? Is this destiny? or just the mad ramblings of one person who just can not understand what the NBA is doing any more.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

It is also very nice that the Jazz made it to the West Finals. But I know either Phoenix or the Spurs will knock them out (probably bad refereeing due to fans wanting to see the Suns or Spurs in the Finals).

Give Utah credit, they cracked Golden State in the mouth and the Warriors just could not recover from it.

Now, will Utah beat either Phoenix or San Antonio? Maybe, if the series goes 7 games. If not, then I expect a knock down drag them out NBA Finals between San Antonio and Detroit.

The Bulls dominated the Pistons. They are now down 3-2 with the series going back to Chicago. The Bulls have all the momentum and have a real good shot at winning the next 2 games.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From moving TV stations to poor refereeing to flopping and now these crap suspensions to the Suns, do you think this is the nail in the coffin for the NBA?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Not likely. Granted, the supsensions are a bit over the line, but rules are rules and they have to be upheld no matter.

Plus, look on the bright side Phoenix fans: Big Shot Rob is out for two games, which means San Antonio has to win at least one of them to get him back. If Phoenix wins tonight, Amare and Boris returns for Game 6 and the Suns can finish it off.

Not likely. Granted, the supsensions are a bit over the line, but rules are rules and they have to be upheld no matter.

Plus, look on the bright side Phoenix fans: Big Shot Rob is out for two games, which means San Antonio has to win at least one of them to get him back. If Phoenix wins tonight, Amare and Boris returns for Game 6 and the Suns can finish it off.

Unfortunately he isn't nearly as vital to the Spurs as Amare is to the Suns

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Unfortunately he isn't nearly as vital to the Spurs as Amare is to the Suns

David Stern answered the question perfectly in an interview with Dan Patrick. Stern said that they shouldn't make exceptions just because it's the playoffs or just because Amare is one of the best players in the NBA. The rule might need to be changed, but right now it's the rule and they need to follow it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don´t know how the Suns wiil play tonight, maybe...

G) Steve Nash

G) Raja Bell

F) James Jones

F) Shawn Marion

C) Kurt Thomas

But the backup...

G) Leandro Barbosa

and... :therock: and... :therock:... I don´t know who more, Pat Burke?, Jalen Rose?, Marcus Banks?, Sean Marks?

David Stern answered the question perfectly in an interview with Dan Patrick. Stern said that they shouldn't make exceptions just because it's the playoffs or just because Amare is one of the best players in the NBA. The rule might need to be changed, but right now it's the rule and they need to follow it.

But if my memory is good, a rule says that if a player shouts to an official (protest him face to face) that player will get a thecnical foul.

But Rasheed and other players in this Playoffs make that and they don´t get a T-foul, so, isn´t that a change of rules?

Well something better would be to win Game 7

Well Spurs have won the NBA Title, Important Lesson learned CHEATERS ALWAYS PROSPER in the NBA.

Well I think that only Bowen (and maybe Manu) is the only cheater in SA, the rest of the team is good and played on the rules.

This is the Conference Finals!!!

Robert Horry's cheap shot and the NBA's screwed up stupid rules.

Let me get this straight. (That's what she said.)

The Spurs are cheating because Phoenix retaliated and broke the NBA's current rules?

I don't think the problem is that Amare and Diaw shouldn't have been suspended -- they broke the rules and should've been suspended. The problem lies in that it's a bad rule. Amare was never involved in any altercation. He never got within four feet of the altercation. The suspension was just but the rule is a bad one.

IUe6Hvh.png

You notice every time one of these leave the bench incidents happen; it is the team's whose bench is closest to the altercation.

You see a team flattened like that it is very hard not to at least move in that direction, and as long as you dont get involved in any way there should be no suspension.

It is the is the most moronic rule, and it has decided two playoff series now. When rules that are dumb decides NBA Postseason series something is wrong.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived