Jamie McLennan meet Chris Simon

NJTank

He is not going to be playing for a long long time he just took his stick and swung like at Kurt Maltby a baseball bat after relieving Kipprusoff in the final moments, you will be seeing it on ESPN, and all over shortly.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Flames actions at the end of the game may deserve its own thread if people disagree fine, but what were they thinking so you lost 5-1 end the game, go home get them tomorrow. Now they may lose Iginla, and Nilsson and they need to find a back up goalie because no way McLennan should be allowe din the building.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This deserves its own thread. McLennan should go for 20 games. That was vicious. I think the league needs to look into whether Calgary coach Jim Playfair instructed him to do it. It's pretty weird to pull your goalie at a random time, put in the backup and then have him swinging his stick trying to kill guys within a minute of going in the game.

And he swung at Franzen, not Maltby.

Iginla and Nilson both delivered cheap shots as well. It was clear that Iginla was headhunting that whole shift, and delivered a couple of shots to Schneider before cross checking him to the ground.

Just bizarre at how they unravel all at once and they just looked like a bunch idiots running around looking for a fight.

honestly i've seen videos of it and seriously that wasn't that bad of a slash...

Yeah it was a slash but still... not a chris simon or mcsorley slash.. nothing to be like 20game suspension... i mean brad may only got 3 games for cheap sucker punching kim johansson in the back of the head...

spacer.png

honestly i've seen videos of it and seriously that wasn't that bad of a slash...

Yeah it was a slash but still... not a chris simon or mcsorley slash.. nothing to be like 20game suspension... i mean brad may only got 3 games for cheap sucker punching kim johansson in the back of the head...

It was a fracking goalie stick, not some rinky-dink hockey stick. Which he broke. And it was intentional.

I'd suggest filing assault charges myself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It was a fracking goalie stick, not some rinky-dink hockey stick. Which he broke. And it was intentional.

Well, in his adult league where he's the Second Coming of Jason Bonsignore, he'd just shrug it off, obviously.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, in his adult league where he's the Second Coming of Jason Bonsignore, he'd just shrug it off, obviously.

well see I actually do have a story about being slashed by a goalie... but I wasn't gonna say it.. and Jason Bonsignore isn't a correct comparision... I prefer John Druce..

spacer.png

What is it about the Flames playing in Detroit? I know that's a tough place for any visiting team to play, but that's even when you don't self-destruct like the Flames have been doing.

CCSLC signature.png

What is it about the Flames playing in Detroit? I know that's a tough place for any visiting team to play, but that's even when you don't self-destruct like the Flames have been doing.

Well Calgary was a terrible road team all season. I believe they won only 9 road games all season and that is with a 4 game road winning streak towards the end.

Just watched it.

I honestly don't think it was that bad.

It IS a goalie stick, and it was totally unexpected, but it wasn't a huge windup, and it wasn't to the head.

In regular season action, there might not even be a suspension for that (right or wrong), but I think he probably oughta get about 3 games.

I am by no means a High-n-Mighty Moral Crusader, but the NHL dropped the ball big time on this one.

Just because Franzen said "It didn't hurt a lot," it seems that the NHL just slapped McLennan on the wrist, when they had the opportunity to make an example out of him to show how serious they are about eliminating this sort of nonsense from the game. Instead, the incident, and now the punishment, is being used by the media as stick to beat the league's image (pun intended) once again rather than focus on the wonder that is the playoffs, which is the one positive thing about the league that everyone in the media pays attention to.

You stay classy, Colin Campbell. <_<

I am by no means a High-n-Mighty Moral Crusader™, but the NHL dropped the ball big time on this one.

Just because Franzen said "It didn't hurt a lot," it seems that the NHL just slapped McLennan on the wrist, when they had the opportunity to make an example out of him to show how serious they are about eliminating this sort of nonsense from the game. Instead, the incident, and now the punishment, is being used by the media as stick to beat the league's image (pun intended) once again rather than focus on the wonder that is the playoffs, which is the one positive thing about the league that everyone in the media pays attention to.

You stay classy, Colin Campbell. <_<

The NHL and their discipline system has A LOT of problems.

But this event isn't one of them.

There's a reason it didn't hurt Franzen. Because it wasn't very hard.

I too hate when the suspension depends on the injury and not the action, but these actions have been WAY overblown.

It's a pretty meaningless reaction, suspending a backup goalie 5 games.

Seems that way--but you obviously couldn't let him off, either. I'd like to think the league would've handed the same punishment down if it were Iginla or Zetterberg who took the swing. But if Grandma had balls, she'd be Grandpa.

Archived