The Great Manchester United Collapse of 2007

Fred T. Jane

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunch of bandwagoners, all of ya.

Hey buddy, see any other Arminia Bielefeld supporters over here? <_<:P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

Everton 2-4 Manchester United

Man U are now 5 points ahead of Chelsea

OK, it's over now. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

This sucks ... I was watching Chelsea-Bolton, and the commentators kept giving updates on the score of Man U-Everton. Then Sportsnet turns around and says we're going to show you Man U-Everton now. Thanks a lot, you wankers, I already know what happened!

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

This sucks ... I was watching Chelsea-Bolton, and the commentators kept giving updates on the score of Man U-Everton. Then Sportsnet turns around and says we're going to show you Man U-Everton now. Thanks a lot, you wankers, I already know what happened!

That's interesting. I watch the Everton-Man U match first on sportsnet Ontario, and the commentators were updating the Chelsea Bolton match... which was the match after. lol gotta love those Sportsnet regional networks. To be fair, though, it's not sportsnet anticipated what the commentators were going to say.

I saw, I came, I left.

Guess my heart rules my head. Iain Turners drop cost us very badly

You're fired from the Premiership, Everton. :P

<Lee Corso>Not so fast, my friend!</Lee Corso>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1779&ct=5

United probe - Premier League to investigate the champions-elect

EXCLUSIVE By ROB DRAPER» Last updated at 23:43pm on 5th May 2007

Manchester United's dream of their first Premiership title for four years was under a cloud last night with the revelation that they face a Premier League investigation into goalkeeper Tim Howard?s £3 million transfer to Everton.

Sir Alex Ferguson?s team beat derby rivals Manchester City 1-0 yesterday to go eight points clear at the top and they will clinch the title if Chelsea fail to win at Arsenal today.

But United face seeing a season of triumph descend into chaos. In the worst-case scenario, they could have points deducted if they are found guilty of breaking the same Premier League rules under which West Ham were massively fined last week.

Howard,the 28-year-old American, had been on loan at Everton since last May and, under Premier League rules, was not allowed to play against United for the duration of the loan.

It was announced in February that the move was to become a permanent transfer. But it is understood that Everton agreed not to play Howard against United this season, and when the two sides met at Goodison a week ago, the American?s place was taken by second choice goalkeeper Iain Turner. The 22- year-old made a crucial error, allowing United to start the fightback which led to their 4-2 victory.

The Premier League are now set to investigate whether an agreement over Howard?s availability existed and, if so, whether it breached the same rules which saw West Ham suffer a £5.5m fine over the transfers to Upton Park of Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez.

Those rules, U18 and B13, ban clubs from entering into agreements which allow a third party to influence another club?s selection policy and dictate that clubs must act with good faith towards each other and the Premier League.

The League have confirmed to The Mail on Sunday that no such agreement regarding Howard was included in the transfer documents lodged with them by the clubs and that if United had requested it through official channels, they would have been refused.

A Premier League spokesman said: "There is no such clause in the transfer contracts of the player and we are contacting the clubs to try to clarify the situation."

Documents lodged with the Premier League when the transfer was agreed between the clubs make it clear that the permanent deal ran from February and that it was no longer a loan.

Reports at the time suggested the permanent deal would begin in June and the loan would continue until the end of the season.

Both clubs declined to comment on the issue last night.

But Everton will be questioned by Premier League secretary Mike Foster this week after their manager, David Moyes, appeared to confirm that there was an agreement between the clubs when he explained before the game against United why Turner was playing.

Moyes was reported as saying: "While Tim Howard was on loan he would not have been able to play against his parent club, United.

"Although we have now signed him ourselves, United wanted the loan clause to remain in operation. It was partly the reason we were able to tie up the deal for next season as early as we did. We have abided by their wishes."

United, managed by Sir Alex Ferguson, and Everton will be given a chance to explain the circumstances of Howard?s transfer and his availability for his new club.

It is understood that Everton will claim a ?gentlemen?s agreement? existed over Howard?s availability and they were at liberty to pick him against United if they chose to. But such an argument may not satisfy the Premier League.

Premier League sources say that last season Birmingham attempted to insert a clause into a transfer deal forbidding Robbie Savage playing against them for his new club, Blackburn Rovers.

Birmingham were refused permission to do so.

West Ham were fined a total of £5.5m because they had allowed offshore companies to retain influence over Mascherano and Tevez.

The Premier League commission ruled that this represented a clear breach of rule U18.

West Ham were also found to have breached rule B13, stipulating that clubs must act in good faith, and the club?s former chief executive, Paul Aldridge, was accused of telling the Premier League a ?direct lie? when asked about the agreements over the players.

whistle....

...RED CARD ^_^

:lol:

Unrelated, I tried to get as many red cards as possible in a FIFA 07 match under standard settings. Inter drew AC Milan 2-2 with me (Inter) ending up with 4 men on the pitch (including the goalkeeper). :D

I guess you've heard the one about Man Utd's main sponsor AIG?

Almost in Greece... ^_^

liverpool-1.png

OK Red Devils fans, you can start celebrating now. My Gunners just put in a penalty kick against Chelsea in the 43rd minute.

I'll even give you a sig for the occasion.

eplmanuchampionsph6.png

CCSLC signature.png

<Lee Corso>Not so fast, my friend!</Lee Corso>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1779&ct=5

United probe - Premier League to investigate the champions-elect

EXCLUSIVE By ROB DRAPER» Last updated at 23:43pm on 5th May 2007

Manchester United's dream of their first Premiership title for four years was under a cloud last night with the revelation that they face a Premier League investigation into goalkeeper Tim Howard?s £3 million transfer to Everton.

Sir Alex Ferguson?s team beat derby rivals Manchester City 1-0 yesterday to go eight points clear at the top and they will clinch the title if Chelsea fail to win at Arsenal today.

But United face seeing a season of triumph descend into chaos. In the worst-case scenario, they could have points deducted if they are found guilty of breaking the same Premier League rules under which West Ham were massively fined last week.

Howard,the 28-year-old American, had been on loan at Everton since last May and, under Premier League rules, was not allowed to play against United for the duration of the loan.

It was announced in February that the move was to become a permanent transfer. But it is understood that Everton agreed not to play Howard against United this season, and when the two sides met at Goodison a week ago, the American?s place was taken by second choice goalkeeper Iain Turner. The 22- year-old made a crucial error, allowing United to start the fightback which led to their 4-2 victory.

The Premier League are now set to investigate whether an agreement over Howard?s availability existed and, if so, whether it breached the same rules which saw West Ham suffer a £5.5m fine over the transfers to Upton Park of Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez.

Those rules, U18 and B13, ban clubs from entering into agreements which allow a third party to influence another club?s selection policy and dictate that clubs must act with good faith towards each other and the Premier League.

The League have confirmed to The Mail on Sunday that no such agreement regarding Howard was included in the transfer documents lodged with them by the clubs and that if United had requested it through official channels, they would have been refused.

A Premier League spokesman said: "There is no such clause in the transfer contracts of the player and we are contacting the clubs to try to clarify the situation."

Documents lodged with the Premier League when the transfer was agreed between the clubs make it clear that the permanent deal ran from February and that it was no longer a loan.

Reports at the time suggested the permanent deal would begin in June and the loan would continue until the end of the season.

Both clubs declined to comment on the issue last night.

But Everton will be questioned by Premier League secretary Mike Foster this week after their manager, David Moyes, appeared to confirm that there was an agreement between the clubs when he explained before the game against United why Turner was playing.

Moyes was reported as saying: "While Tim Howard was on loan he would not have been able to play against his parent club, United.

"Although we have now signed him ourselves, United wanted the loan clause to remain in operation. It was partly the reason we were able to tie up the deal for next season as early as we did. We have abided by their wishes."

United, managed by Sir Alex Ferguson, and Everton will be given a chance to explain the circumstances of Howard?s transfer and his availability for his new club.

It is understood that Everton will claim a ?gentlemen?s agreement? existed over Howard?s availability and they were at liberty to pick him against United if they chose to. But such an argument may not satisfy the Premier League.

Premier League sources say that last season Birmingham attempted to insert a clause into a transfer deal forbidding Robbie Savage playing against them for his new club, Blackburn Rovers.

Birmingham were refused permission to do so.

West Ham were fined a total of £5.5m because they had allowed offshore companies to retain influence over Mascherano and Tevez.

The Premier League commission ruled that this represented a clear breach of rule U18.

West Ham were also found to have breached rule B13, stipulating that clubs must act in good faith, and the club?s former chief executive, Paul Aldridge, was accused of telling the Premier League a ?direct lie? when asked about the agreements over the players.

The Premier League has cleared Everton and Man U over this

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...078&cc=5901

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Well, Chelsea almost ruined things. They got a late goal and put on a furious rally late, but couldn't put in another one. It ended up a 1-1 draw, which makes ManU's title official.

Here is that sig once again:

eplmanuchampionsph6.png

CCSLC signature.png

Well, Chelsea almost ruined things. They got a late goal and put on a furious rally late, but couldn't put in another one. It ended up a 1-1 draw, which makes ManU's title official.

Here is that sig once again:

eplmanuchampionsph6.png

Thanks for the sig :D

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Archived