Starbucks

cyandlux

Looks kinda gay. ;)

Seriously, though...I like the foam and the colors. The only thing I can think of that's wrong is the cup. It's rendered well and the shadow is fantastic, but I don't ever remember getting my coffee in an actual mug at Starbucks. Not that it should matter at all, because I've never seen a Siren at Starbucks either, but they have one in their logo.

You have to ask for it in a "for here mug" and you can get one...they also have glasses for frappucinos. not using paper will help the environment, but they never tell you that theyre available. Most of the time people dont stay, so they dont use a mug anyways.

You might want to try to match the curve at the bottom left of the rainbow to match up with the curvature of the mug itself. It's a slight difference at the moment, but it's just off enough to draw my attention there.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So... what's the contest for? Is this supposed to be for some kind of internal LGBT support campaign (though knowing Starbucks, and the reputation of coffee people being pretentious liberals who accept the LGBT community anyway, makes it kind of unnecessary), or are they being gutsy and doing like a national campaign of support (and can get away with it because of their reputation)?

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Its for GayPride. My friend works at headquarters in Seattle...I dont know really who its for, just Seattle? Just headquarters? Just Gay people? No clue. If it is national more power to em!

PS thats what the cup looks like. maybe I should flatten the bottom a bit...tactful C&C please.

sbucksPRIDE-3.png

Starbucks new slogan:

Mmmmm I can taste the gay!

The way the gradiant goes over both the cup and handle makes it look extremely 2 dimentional. I see that it is slightly lighter on the handle, but I don't think it looks like it would in reality.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like where you're going with that...

I would try to just abandon the rainbow itself, and actually make the foam the colour of the rainbow, using six layers of it.

As for the mug, I think it looks equally good with the paper cup, no real preference.

But I'd like to see another type of mug (as well, just to compare), the "Official" SB one:

sz200starbucks20mugcm6.jpg

If you keep the Cappucino one, try adding a saucer for authenticity.

Overall great concept.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The rainbow colors are horrible. I like the idea though.

What do you mean???

The colours ARE "THE" colours, nothing much a designer could do about that...

They've been adopted by a community, good luck changing them...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The rainbow colors are horrible. I like the idea though.

What do you mean???

The colours ARE "THE" colours, nothing much a designer could do about that...

They've been adopted by a community, good luck changing them...

I didn't read the full thread to see what it was for. If you have to use those colors, then you have to. Nothing can be done about it.

So put my comments before aside about the colors. I'll say it again though, I do like the idea.

Archived