Going to Comiskey

ZapRowsdower8

I'll be visiting Chicago this weekend and will be going to the White Sox/Angels game. Is there anything in or near the stadium that I absolutely have to see? I had a great time at Wrigley last year and always love visiting the Windy City, hopefully this can live up!

The Cell, located on the Near South Side, has become a hot real estate market in the past 18 months, but development around the stadium is still in its infancy. It is not the horrible area which you may have heard in the past. I will assume that you wil be taking the Green or Red Line and staying closer to city center rather than driving.

Dining options are becoming more diverse, but I am not sure on how soon you will get there. you can use the "What's Nearby" function for things which you would like to do.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/localgu...ome_top_hedsh2o

Whatever you do, don't waste any $ in Chicago's gentleman's clubs. They have what amounts to a "halo rule", certainly not like what you're used to in Pittsburgh (more specifically McKees Rocks, if you know what I'm sayin'.)

Go to the hot roast beef/corned beef stand in Section 109. Giant sandwich on rye with chips and a pickle. It's a requirement every time I go. And a Lemon Chill for dessert.

Oh, and depending on when and where you're staying and how you're getting to the park, I can make some suggestions.

My only suggestion for the Cell is to make certain that you have lower deck seats if you are set on checking out the ballpark. If you have upperdeck tickets, you will not be allowed anywhere on the main concourse (you're funneled directly to the upper deck upon arrival, and are denied main councourse access by ushers if you lack a ticket)... So, again, if, you know, actually checking out the park is on your "to do" list, make sure you've spent a couple extra for those lower deck seats.

Moose

Well, I think you should go to the Angels bench and get some autographs.....and then mail them to me :P

Oh, and Darin Erstad, now a White Sox(sock?)

In all seriousness, isn't Comiskey where they have the hotdogs(Superdogs?) with like lettuce, tomatoes, and everything else on 'em? I've never been there, but that sounds like something to try, since it's unique to that particular stadium(assuming it IS in fact Comiskey/US Cellular).

I'll be going with my girlfriend, so no worries about wasting money there. What about food? Is there anything that is a must try at The Cell? Or is it pretty much just standard fare?

Bringing the lady friend to a... *ahem* gentlemen's club is NEVER a waste of money. Just sayin'... :devil:

I've got some suggestions for places in the city, but it sounds like you've been there, and you won't be in Chicago for that long. Never been to Comiskey - the Sox haven't been in town any of the times I've been there.

Best's Kosher is one fine hot dog. But, I always get an Italian Sausage with onions and marinara. Be careful, though, not every vendor has marinara. You have to go to an actual concession stand, not just a hot dog cart. And this always gets my friends on my case, but they have really good egg rolls there. And they're cheap (for baseball food). A lot of my friends like their pizza, but I've never tried it. Pretty much everything else is standard stadium food: average nachos, popcorn, ice cream nonsense, etc.

Archived