Alternate Logos on TNT

nugent4president

I admit I do not really follow the NBA until the playoffs, so I watch little TNT during the season. However, I have noticed that when making graphical displays, it seems that the station prefers to use the alternate logos rather than primaries. So far, I have seen them use an alternate for the following teams...

Utah (Interlocking 'UJ')

Phoenix (Bird Logo)

LA Lakers (Streaking 'L')

Golden State ('W' with lightning bolt)

Cleveland ('C' Flag)

Washington (Lowercase 'dc')

Orlando (Streaking basketball)

Denver (Just the peak with 'Denver')

San Antonio (Spur logo)

I know that Chicago and Houston have no alternate logo. Dallas did have the horse head with shield, only without the script, so that seems pretty close. Off the top of my head, I do not recall the logos for Detroit, New Jersey, Toronto and Miami on the screen when I've been watching, but I know all four have alternate logos. Does anyone know, or care to make a wild guess, as to why TNT does this?

ducks-large.jpg

Sorry to change the topic slightly, but on the subject of alternate logos - do the Heat ever use the flame MH?

I know I've seen it listed as an alt, but I've never seen it used.

In making this bracket with Alt logos, I just used the classic Heat logo because I didn't think anyone would recognize the MH logo because I know I've never seen it used.

Here's the Bracket

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I admit I do not really follow the NBA until the playoffs, so I watch little TNT during the season. However, I have noticed that when making graphical displays, it seems that the station prefers to use the alternate logos rather than primaries. So far, I have seen them use an alternate for the following teams...

Utah (Interlocking 'UJ')

Phoenix (Bird Logo)

LA Lakers (Streaking 'L')

Golden State ('W' with lightning bolt)

Cleveland ('C' Flag)

Washington (Lowercase 'dc')

Orlando (Streaking basketball)

Denver (Just the peak with 'Denver')

San Antonio (Spur logo)

I know that Chicago and Houston have no alternate logo. Dallas did have the horse head with shield, only without the script, so that seems pretty close. Off the top of my head, I do not recall the logos for Detroit, New Jersey, Toronto and Miami on the screen when I've been watching, but I know all four have alternate logos. Does anyone know, or care to make a wild guess, as to why TNT does this?

For Golden State, they use the warrior in a triangle, not the lightning bolt W.

For Detroit, they use the little D inside the large P alt logo.

For Toronto, they use the silver claw on a red background.

For Miami, they use the primary w/o script (the flaming basketball through a hoop)

As for New Jersey, I can't recall if they use the "Nets" or "Nj" shield logo.

Archived