The most inaccurate helmets in college football. No doubt.

BigShoop

The folks at USF have done it again.

They continue to "show off" the fact that they have the most inaccurate helmets in football. As much as it bothers me, it's almost comical now.

First, let's take a look at the '06 media guide cover:

06fballmediaguide0001.sized.jpg

Ah, look at that pretty green and gold logo on the bottom........and compare with that thing the player is holding in his hand.

Yeah, that's close!......[/sarcasm]

And now a look at 2 '07 wallpapers that are posted on their website, http://www.gousfbulls.com/ :

AQIOOTWNZVHIDIM.20070422231329.jpg

ZVRDVOPINVXWFPT.20070422231325.jpg

The appropriate color gold is all over the place, and the logo is plastered right there on the first one, big and bold.

And then you see the yellowish/greenish REAL thing.

And dont even get me STARTED on the black logo on the helmet........ :rolleyes:

IMG_7759.jpg

(dont forget to compare the hip logo to the helmet :cursing: )

SigReflect.png

Hey...question...what's been going on with the uniform concept discussions with your people over there at USF? (Imm have to dig through the Concepts posts I've done to find the ones I did for USF, just to get another look at them...)

And um er uh, I noticed one other little problem: look at the superimposed script logo on the second image you posted up...look at the shear of the word "Bulls". Then look at the shear angle of the word "football" underneath it...

See a difference?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

reminds me of this starburst radio ad...i'd like a starburst...if you know what I mean

basically, what we have here is a case of mismatched golds and a helmet logo that's black for no apparent reason, seeing as USF doesn't use enough black to warrant its current coloration.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

reminds me of this starburst radio ad...i'd like a starburst...if you know what I mean

basically, what we have here is a case of mismatched golds and a helmet logo that's black for no apparent reason, seeing as USF doesn't use enough black to warrant its current coloration.

USF changed the football helmet logo to black for television visibility purposes. Black is going to stand out on a gold helmet more then a dark green.

I honestly can't see where black on gold would be THAT much more visible than dark green on gold. I just don't think it is a good decision to make based solely on the fact of TV visibility.

It might be a moot point I think. Black, Green, Dark Green, Light Black :D Whatever!

I still like the logo and think its kind of iconic and bold. As for the color matching or not, I've never been that bothered by it to be quite honest. I have a bigger problem with the mismatching Dallas Cowboys unis then I have with the mis matching colors here.....but I do now see what people are refering to.

Hey...question...what's been going on with the uniform concept discussions with your people over there at USF? (Imm have to dig through the Concepts posts I've done to find the ones I did for USF, just to get another look at them...)

Most liked your concept, and some didnt. The ones that didnt, their only argument was "just win. uniforms dont mean anything. shoop, youre gay for caring about uniforms."

I think it opened some eyes, but sadly no one else really jumped on the bandwagon.

And um er uh, I noticed one other little problem: look at the superimposed script logo on the second image you posted up...look at the shear of the word "Bulls". Then look at the shear angle of the word "football" underneath it...

See a difference?

Yep! It's laziness man. It's almost as if people just arent paying attention.

SigReflect.png

Well, it makes a bull's head and the state of Florida (kinda) out of the "U", so that's pretty cool.

You're going to have to show us this state of Florida you see. The bull's head, absolutely. But I'm not buying the state of Florida thing - for one, Florida runs northwest to southeast once you get south of the Panhandle, and the shape inside the "U" runs top-right to bottom-left.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I honestly can't see where black on gold would be THAT much more visible than dark green on gold. I just don't think it is a good decision to make based solely on the fact of TV visibility.

Exactly. Besides, black on gold, with no white trim doesnt "stand out" anyway. It's very dull and bland. My best example is Pitt. They dont have PITT spelled in black..........just because.

What makes it even worse is that USF's green would REALLY pop with some white trim on a gold helmet, problem is, that would take some work to get some decals made..... :rolleyes: (I havent even mentioned the black facemasks yet, have i?)

An example of how far "off" USF's "gold" is:

25424024.jpg

25424018.jpg

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

SigReflect.png

I don't see how dark green would be less visible than solid black. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the one-color decals to save a little money. Hey, they use Stahl's lettering on their uniforms.

Ha, you know more about USF than you think you know......

SigReflect.png

I am generally not fond of any logo for a school sport that focuses on the "U". It makes no sense. It would be a like a High School team have a huge "HS" as there logo.

It's not there name, why do a logo that focuses on something that is not the primary part of your identity?

I see your point, but it works in this sense and it technically IS part of their name. They are branding themselves as USF. Again, I see your point, but it would be worse if lets say...Boston College was doing it because of the obvious. I don't mind it as much if USF does it.

Must be a Florida thing to make "U" part of your identity ( Miami has a 'U' on their helmets incase people don't get the reference ;) )

Archived