USC Aiken Pacers to unveil new logo

garygorilla

It's a decent logo...nothing spectacular about it, but it's 1000x better than what they had before.

In a semi-related note, upon crossing into South Carolina from North Carolina on Interstate 77, there's some random sign celebrating "University of South Carolina-Aiken, 2004 NCAA Men's Division II Golf Champions." I bet travelers from afar wonder if that's the best accomplishment South Carolina has to offer. It just always struck me as odd. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hard to tell who did that...to me, it has elements seen in both Rickenbaugh and Joe Bosack designs.

Nonetheless, it's not great...but the perspective of that logo would have to be difficult to render properly.

...and that's a pretty fat horse...doesn't anyone else think so? Again...could be that awkward perspective.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I believe -- but I am not positive -- that Francis may have done both.

No, Santaquilani wasn't responsible for IUPUI's old athletic marks. They were created by SME Design back in 1998.

Further, IUPUI introduced a new family of athletics logos last Fall. They are...

Primary Mark

jagpendant.jpg

Secondary Mark

jaghead.jpg

Wordmark

jagtext.jpg

The old logos are still floating around on some items, but the new marks have largely taken over.

For what it's worth, Santaquilani most likely came to USC-Aiken's attention through his work on behalf of the South Coast League's Aiken Foxhounds.

I believe -- but I am not positive -- that Francis may have done both.

No, Santaquilani wasn't responsible for IUPUI's old athletic marks. They were created by SME Design back in 1998.

Further, IUPUI introduced a new family of athletics logos last Fall. They are...

Primary Mark

jagpendant.jpg

Secondary Mark

jaghead.jpg

Wordmark

jagtext.jpg

The old logos are still floating around on some items, but the new marks have largely taken over.

For what it's worth, Santaquilani most likely came to USC-Aiken's attention through his work on behalf of the South Coast League's Aiken Foxhounds.

Good lord, the printing costs on those marks must be insane with all those colors!

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Why IUPUI went with a new design is beyond me - the web 2.0 look is terrible, and the type treatment on the freeware font is just awful. IUPUI, wtf are you thinking?

BTW, i've been looking at the old IUPUI logo and the other jaguar logo, and while they are very similar, i think they have significant differences to avoid a copyright infringement.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived