Sign in to follow this  
STL FANATIC

Official NFL Draft and Draft Weekend Trades Thread

As much as I hate Michigan, I fully expect the Bengals to get Hall here.

Very happy with this pick by the Broncos. I really wanted Okoye, but this is a good pick by them. I'm not too happy about what it cost them to move up, but a good pick, IMO.

I know you hate the Gators, Buc, but Moss is a Jason Taylor-esque type of undersized pass rushing DE. He can ball.

Oh im sure he can, I just honestly know nothing about the guy. Im a little suprised denver traded two extra picks to move up four spots, though. I guess they really saw something in the guy.

I know you hate the Gators, Buc, but Moss is a Jason Taylor-esque type of undersized pass rushing DE. He can ball.

Oh trust me...I know ALL ABOUT Jarvis Moss. Dude's a beast. Big mickifickie, too. He should do good over there in the Mile High City.

Leon Hall is the obvious choice for the Bengals here.

So now the Bengals are on the clock.

And it looks like the pick is in.

Leon Hall, here?

Yep...it's Leon Hall.

The Gints are next...followed by my Jaguars (my 2nd squad), followed by the 'Boys.

And then...

BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN. BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN.

BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN!!!

No one has said a WORD about Alan Branch yet. Odd.

It's very possible the Gints will.

The Titans need offensive weaponry, and here I think they take Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee.

Tennessee is up right? I think they'll go with hometown receiver Robert Meachem.

Oh trust me...I know ALL ABOUT Jarvis Moss. Dude's a beast. Big mickifickie, too. He should do good over there in the Mile High City.

Definately. I really like this move by the Broncos. Again, I think they gave up a bit much to move up a few spots, but apparently Tennessee was gunning for Moss too and Shanny wanted to jump ahead of them.

They still have their 2nd rounder and the 3rd they got from Washington, so overall, a good move by the Broncos.

Just imagine Trent Edwards and Brady Quinn being drafted in the same round! :lol:

The Titans select, with the 19th pick, Michael Griffin, S, Texas.

Boy was I wrong. But hell...maybe someone in the Titans' higher ranks was hurtin' for another Blaine Bishop?

Of course, knowing that Jeff Fisher himself was once a defensive back, this could make sense.

The Titans got Michael Griffin from Texas. That's two straight years drafting a Longhorn in the 1st Round for.

So why is it that theres been no talk about Quinn to Dallas? Isnt a QB EXACTLY what they need? I know they have Romo, but they did just lose their backup and Romo isnt exactly Troy Aikman.

Hello, how about getting Vince Young some weapons so he can complete more than half his passes next year?

I'm surprised at this one as well!

Meriweather or Reggie Nelson are both going behind him? Wow, I would've taken either of those ahead of Griffin.

I would never have imagined the Chiefs getting a chance at Quinn. As far as I'm concerned, he's a smart pick. Croyle never struck me as the QB of the future, and Huard never impressed me much. If the opportunity is still present, then I say take him. If not, pick an offensive lineman.

I agree with bucfan, Romo is not the answer in Dallas as much as they think he is. Picking up Brady Quinn would be a smart move.

So why is it that theres been no talk about Quinn to Dallas? Isnt a QB EXACTLY what they need? I know they ahve Romo, but they did just lose their backup and Romo isnt exactly a lock.

Last I checked, there was some guy named Tony Romo they've hitched their wagon to.

I been saying it since the Dolphins slighted him:

Brady Quinn to the Chiefs.

BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN. BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN.

BRODIE CROYLE; BRADY QUINN!!!

So who do the Gints take here? Alan Branch? Paul Posluzny maybe? The dude from Central Michigan?

*EDIT* The NY Gints select, with the #20 pick:

Aaron Ross, CB, Texas.