Official NFL Draft and Draft Weekend Trades Thread

STL FANATIC

I'm lovin' the Jarrett drafting for the Panthers. Life after Keyshawn Johnson won't be bad if Jarrett can step it up by the time Jarrett has broken into the NFL.

Carolina loves its USC receivers...Colbert/Keyshawn and now Jarrett.

What a disaster it would have been if the Panthers selected the other USC receiver this year, Steve Smith. What would the two players have to wear on their backs to distinguish themselves besides the number?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...Sidney Rice is gone...to the Vikings at #44.

And Keyshawn's new best friend Dwayne Jarrett just landed in Charlotte.

(How'd y'all like that obviously impromptu exchange betwenn Key and Jarett just then? I forget what the technical name for that is...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Colts seem to have forgotten that you play defense in the NFL.

Hey, don't steal my material! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Mike Williams and Josh McCown to Oakland for a 4th.

Damn...two players for a measly 4th round pick???

Good Lawd...guess that shows you what the Lions think of them.

You know, they could have gotten REALLY smart and thrown in Matt Millen just for the hell of it. Not like it would have INCREASED the trade value at all...

...or maybe it would have. For Detroit.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NFLN just reminded me how big of a headache Oakland's receieving core could be next year..... Moss, Porter, and Mike Williams.... good luck Lane Kiffin.

Looks like the Lions just took Drew Stanton, from Michigan State.

Detroit's QB of the future???

Good move. Stanton had top 10 pick potential. With Martz coaching him up and sitting behind Kitna for a while, I think Stanton could be good. Plus when you have Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson, its damn hard not to be productive.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Just now in the middle of the second round? Jesus Christ this draft is taking forever. What is the hold-up?

Anyway, good the see the Bills doing good. I think they've gotten two out of their top three players and I'm very impressed by the 4,000-year old braintrust of the team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's the first pick for Seattle now at 55.

I think they need a DE to help shore up that defense. Although, the idea of nabbing Michael Bush at this point doesn't sound so bad considering that everyone and their mama's focused on Shaun Alexander last season.

Edit: And Seattle takes.... Josh Wilson, CB from Maryland. WHO?!?

How bout Ben Patrick from Delaware? They need someone to replace the pile of crap known as Jerammy Stevens...

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Just now in the middle of the second round? Jesus Christ this draft is taking forever. What is the hold-up?

It probably will go into tomorrow. They really have to shorten it. They had 3-4 months to scout and make a list of players. They don't need 15 mins. to decide on one player. I think even 10 is too much. They only use the 15 mins to talk about trades. It would almost go to 8 in the morning if every team took their alloted time.

saBS.png

I agree completely

1st round 10 Mins

All other rounds 5 mins

Speaking of on the clock lets see the next idiotic pick by the Dolphins who are itching for the worst draft in NFL history.

Dolphins need a DB best player on the board is a DB according to ESPN

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Speaking of on the clock lets see the next idiotic pick by the Dolphins who are itching for the worst draft in NFL history.

Good for them! :P

Their draft is not as bad as you think, Ginn does look like a reach, but remember Whitner at 8 last year. He was a solid Safety for us. And Beck should be a good QB, possibly better than Quinn will ever be.

EDIT: Enjoy Samson Satele (Center) from Hawaii.

saBS.png

Samson Satele good god what are they doing down there, are they serious is this intentional to get the top pick next year.

Lorenzo Booker drafted in the 3rd round by the Miami Clueless Association.

A bust at Florida State gets to be a long forgotten about player in the NFL. Prediction career NFL TDs 0.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Samson Satele good god what are they doing down there, are they serious is this intentional to get the top pick next year.

Lorenzo Booker drafted in the 3rd round by the Miami Clueless Association.

A bust at Florida State gets to be a long forgotten about player in the NFL. Prediction career NFL TDs 0.

Do you know anything about any of these guys other than their names? Come on, man. At least pretend you have some semblance of a clue.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just came home from work and found out the Browns got Brady Quinn. When the Browns originally drafted Thomas instead of Quinn at #3, I was just like, well this franchise is pretty :censored: ed up from top to bottom, so I'm not surprised. Well, I have to reconsider. FINALLY the Browns look like they are headed in the right direction. Now, was Quinn crying or what? What exactly was ESPN (the worldwide leader in stupidity) doing to play this up for no reason? The Browns sure are looking good for the future. On top of Quinn and Thomas, they drafted my man Eazy-E. Put Wright in some nickel and dime schemes and perhaps he can be a legit, shut down CB someday. Baxter has been injured since he has come to Cleveland so that could give Wright a chance to get in and develop quickly.

-E.A.R.

I think I'm one of the few who is a tad disappointed at the Dolphins, but I am content that they were able to find some holes to fill.

You know what? I like Ted Ginn. I think he'll do well for the Dolphins, who needed this type of player. Not only do they lack a deep-threat WR, but they lack an explosive KR.

I would have liked to have Quinn... but it's okay. He belongs on the Browns.

It doesn't seem that bad, and even though I don't really know these players (I don't follow college football that closely), I think... correct that... I hope that GM Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron know what they're doing.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived