Sign in to follow this  
STL FANATIC

Official NFL Draft and Draft Weekend Trades Thread

Ben Patrick finally gets picked... By the Arizona Cardinals in round 7.

Also, WTF? Why did they get rid of Jackson? Look, unless they feel that both Taylor and Kent can do something as 6th Round picks, this will look stupid and when San Francisco wins the division, I'll point to this moment when the 'Hawks gave it away.

We'll see on that. Darrell Jackson? A "meh" addition. Probably a nice 2nd WR, nothing more, IF injuries don't continue to dog him. Certainly not the make or break playmaker the Niners' offense needs to stretch the field. And I don't think that's Lelie, either.

There's a reason the Seasquawks had no reservations about trading the guy within the division, i'm sure.

Wow, you've got Jarrett at 22? I think he'll drop to 30 or lower.

Ted Ginn Jr. at 9? That's a reach. Adrian Peterson dropping to the Bills would be a dream come true. I like it a lot, I really hope the Colts do pick up a receiver, they really don't have much after Harrison/Wayne with Stokely gone, and Moorehead aint a #3 receiver.

As a Steelers fan, I'm hoping Revis is available for the taking, but I won't be mad at all with Beason, that'll definitely help out where we're starting to get thin again.

In hindsight, the dude called it. Wow, nice prognostication.

Well this is incredible refreshing: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...346/1007/SPORTS

(May 1, 2007) ? ORCHARD PARK ? Marshawn Lynch was so eager to get started, the top Buffalo Bills draft pick was spotted peeking around the corner of the team's media room well before the news conference began Monday.

"I got caught in the act," the former star University of California running back said a few minutes later, flashing a wide gold-toothed grin. "Whew, I've been waiting for this since Day 1. This is what I woke up every morning from Pop Warner on for."

Lynch then held up the Bills jersey ? No. 1 with "Lynch" printed on the back ? presented to him by team owner Ralph Wilson.

"I was just telling someone, this is really my name on an NFL jersey," Lynch said. "I accomplished something. And it don't stop here."

It's so nice to see a player drafted who is happy to be in the big leagues. I'm ecstatic my team was able to pick him up.

Top Draft Prospects for 2008 according to SI.com:

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas (UC)

2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan

3. Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (UC)

4. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

5. Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (UC)

6. Chad Henne, QB, Michigan

7. Phillip Merling, DL, Clemson

8. Chris Long, DE, Virginia (Howie's Son)

9. Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

10. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

11. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

12. DeSean Jackson, WR, California (UC)

13. Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida (UC)

14. Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky

15. Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia (UC)

16. Keith Rivers, LB, USC

17. Sam Baker, OT, USC

18. Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State (UC)

19. James Davis, RB, Clemson

20. James Laurinitis, LB, Ohio State (UC)

21. Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

22. Shawn Crable, LB, Michigan

23. Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

24. Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech

25. Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee