PeeDee Cyclones alter logo upon move to Winston-Salem

Geoff

What do the Cyclones have against using city names? They couldn't go with Florence or Winston-Salem? I can understand the Pee Dee nickname, since that is the name of the river and has been used by previous hockey teams. But I've never heard of Winston-Salem refered to as the Twin Cities.

BASTARD! Now my broke ass wants Arby's. lol

Nobody's ass, broke nor flush, want Arby's.

Back on topic- this looks like ass. They should've gone with Marinerrzzzz.

Hey! My neighbor across the hall is a manager at Arby's. And he's a hulking, greasy, balding gent in his forties with a penchant for chain-smoking menthols and wearing NASCAR jackets.

So, in conclusion, I see no need to argue your statement. Carry on.

BASTARD! Now my broke ass wants Arby's. lol

Sorry man, just never really liked the logo, was hungry one night & said, gee that logo looks like a friggin curly fry. Ironic from a guy who used to work for Arby's. But seriosuly, how can someone take that logo seriously?

Sorry for making you all hungry

I live in Winston-Salem and the Twin cities comes from the two settlements Winston and Salem. Thats why several years before the Winston-Salem Warthogs were the Warthogs we were the Twins. I have a good buddy involved with local hockey here in town and they said thats just what the owner wanted.

And he's a hulking, greasy, balding gent in his forties with a penchant for chain-smoking menthols and wearing NASCAR jackets.

So, in conclusion, I see no need to argue your statement. Carry on.

Okay you could have just said he was a NASCAR fan. :D

But I've never heard of Winston-Salem refered to as the Twin Cities.

Correction: Twin City, not Twin Cities. As roadatlanta4 said, Winston and Salem merged in the late 1800's to become Winston-Salem.

But I've never heard of Winston-Salem refered to as the Twin Cities.

Correction: Twin City, not Twin Cities. As roadatlanta4 said, Winston and Salem merged in the late 1800's to become Winston-Salem.

Yet the individual cigarette brands remain separated, autonomous, ne'er to merge as one.

That's almost as depressing as the time that Franco-American relations broke down, putting the future of Spaghetti-O's, the little round spaghetti one can eat with a spoon, in doubt.

Archived