Lakers

Home

lakershockeyhome.png

Away

lakershockeyaway.png

Alt

lakershockeyalt.png

Thank You

To tell you the truth, I don't like neither of these jersey set. The colors don't look good on the 2 sets and the name in diagonal is not very original. But this is from my point of vue, I believe some can say that these sets are " old style " and cool.

Definitely the top.

A brown, old-school jersey like that, with a team name of "Miners" just warms the cockles of my heart.

Much like Mystery, Alaska, It reminds me of a small, working class town/city, where hockey is the only real release for it's proud inhabitants.

...unless you're 'Skank' Marden, then there are other releases too...

I also don't think it needs a logo as the concept goes--logos are for teams that have the money to sink into their hockey team, which doesn't exactly go with the Mystery, Alaska idea.

You could go Montreal Maroons style, and just have a giant M on the jersey, or S for that matter. That would be more of a logo, and still convey the idea. I like it as is though : ) In fact, if it were me, I'd take the name off the back as well and just have a number. I think my taste is different than many other people on the boards, though.

As is now, I gotta go with the bottom. However, with one minor change, namely, making the grey in the alternate brown, I'd have to go with the one on the top by far. But, the alternate just puts me in a place where I can't vote for it, and the alternate on the bottom set really fits and uses all of the colors from the other jersey.

EDIT: I went ahead and tried that. It's crude, but, here it is:

miners.png

I really think it looks better, and works better with the rest of the set. Its your call though.

You know, the more I look at it the brown is really growing on me. I actually really like it now! Perhaps instead of white try a tan or sand color, could look good. Would like to see how that looks. I hope you get a good logo that goes well with this concept.

I've got an idea for a logo for this that's nice and simple, but should make all the rest of the people that want a logo for the jersey happy. I'll whip it up real quick tonight and ship it your way, if you want to use it.

Definitely the Miners. Brown, White and Black are a unique colour combination that isn't used very often, probably because most people see it as being "ugly". Fortunately for a team called the Miners it works really nicely. The diagonal sans serif font works well with the working class theme, especially since it doesn't look like a ripoff of the NY Rangers or Pittsburgh's old diagonal road jersey.

Nice work!

as a resident of the nepa area in which scranton is located(scranton, pa right) we are more known for mines than lakes so for that reason alone i would say the miners but i think the miners jerseys are better anyway

Archived