catchers masks

jimshaw25

Problem is, the goalie masks have less padding in the forehead then the regular standard catcher's mask. In fact, the number of catchers who use hockey masks suffer more concussions than the ones who use the standard ones.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

A puck weighs 5.5-6.0 ounces and travels up to 100 mph, but it nominally travels in the mid to upper 80's during game play. A baseball weighs 5.0-5.25 ounces and can travel slightly higher than 100mph, but it nominally travels in the lower to mid 90's.

The mass of the ball is slightly lower and the speed of the puck is slightly lower so the forces exerted upon the masks is nearly identical. How is it causing more concussions in baseball?

You guys do realize all of the masks you're showing are from a line by All-Star sports right? The helmets aren't even customized to the players they're just helmets the company stocks.

http://www.all-starsports.com/longhorn/products.php?prod=1

wow, nice find, i didn't even think that these were stocked by a company. i like the padres and brewers, although they are pretty standard those ones stand out to me.

Archived