Edmonton Oilers Stanley Cup Banner Wallpaper

tulanebc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the Blue Jays pic you sent, and what's the font for the Leafs???

The font for the Leafs is the same font they've been using for player names for the past decade, and the same one that's been used to write "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" on the logo crest for a couple decades. There was a set of numbers that came with it; for a season or two after the Leafs last tweaked their sweaters - added traces of silver, and went to the new font for player names - the numbers were in that same font.

Speaking of which, neither the Oilers nor the Canadiens use Arial on their banners. Not sure what they use, but I know it isn't Arial. Try sending some pictures to the "General Design" forum's "Name That Font!" thread. The real experts here may have an answer for you quickly.

That minor critique aside, well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I got the Blue Jays pic you sent, and what's the font for the Leafs???

The font for the Leafs is the same font they've been using for player names for the past decade, and the same one that's been used to write "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" on the logo crest for a couple decades. There was a set of numbers that came with it; for a season or two after the Leafs last tweaked their sweaters - added traces of silver, and went to the new font for player names - the numbers were in that same font.

Speaking of which, neither the Oilers nor the Canadiens use Arial on their banners. Not sure what they use, but I know it isn't Arial. Try sending some pictures to the "General Design" forum's "Name That Font!" thread. The real experts here may have an answer for you quickly.

That minor critique aside, well done.

Are you able to do a NY Rangers one? That should be relatively easy, since they have about 10 banners overall

With the banners, I didn't have very good ideas of what the fonts are, so I just used the next best thing to make it look as similar to the originals as possible....I will do a redesign of the Lightning's banners, and Rangers will be next. If ANYONE can give me a fast rundown of what the Winnipeg Jets did in the WHA and NHL so I can make someone's banners, I'd REALLY appreciate it. THANK YOU for all the feedback everyone, and the more requests and info I can get, the more I can do!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Oilers didn't win the President's Trophy in '84. Wasn't it first awarded in 1986?

Dan

You are correct. I had to get a better look at the banner, it reads "League Champions" for 1983-84. I'll fix it right after I'm done with the Lightning's NEW banners.

You guys keep me on my toes, while I fall on my ass. HAHAHAHA

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

i think people forgot what signatures were supposed to be :/ i dislike this whole "look at these two full size images every time i post" trend.

I think these ones are wallpaper...

BTW: These look really great!

Here is MY version of what the Tampa Bay Lightning's banners should look like....as per request....I had A LOT of fun making this..... :hockeysmiley:

EDITED: How's this? Is this more of what you were looking for?

tampabaylightningbannerbv7.png

willieMcGee_2.jpg

HAHAHAHA...Habs will NOT have Briere next year, here's why.

Souray - will cost more than 4m

Markov - see above

They still have Samsonov to pay as well as Kovalev and a guy like Briere, at his age, he's not going to take some home town discount, if he were to, it'd be with the sabres.

It amazes me how many freakin habs fans think any french canadian player that's good will end up there.

Hey how about Laraque, want him?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Mind replicating these?

banners1.jpg

pensbanners2.png

thanks

I did the best I could, I hope you like....just try and ignore the pixellation of "CHAMPIONS"...I'm just doing the best with what I have to work with.

EDITED: HAD BRAIN FART AND REWROTE THE YEARS CORRECTLY.

pittsburghpenguinsdesktjo2.png

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Markov - see above

They still have Samsonov to pay as well as Kovalev and a guy like Briere, at his age, he's not going to take some home town discount, if he were to, it'd be with the sabres.

It amazes me how many freakin habs fans think any french canadian player that's good will end up there.

The two solitudes again... Vancouver is far from Montreal... Probably why you don' t know that...

...the Habs have already stated that Samsonov will no longer play here and his contract will be bought, Kovalev said yesterday in a russian newspaper that he wanted out. Gainey said clearly that it will be hard to even think signing both Souray and Markov

This has nothing to do with being french canadian or not... If you ask me, Brière is either gonna sign again with Buffalo or his two good french canadians friends Biron and Gauthier will try to convince him to join them in Philly. As a matter of fact, on a local radio show, Biron already said that he intend to have a good lunch with Brière on july 1st.

As for french canadian players, since "smiling Bob" is in charge here, we lost Theodore, Ribeiro, Brisebois to name a few and we add Samsonov, Kovalev, Kostystin (???), Plekanec, Higgins, etc... Les Canadiens is built on tradition... French or english canadians... And we miss both of them big time!

Last season, we only had only 3 quebecois on the regulars and they played together on the 4th line. Latendresse, Lapierre and Bégin...

The last quebecois superstar in here was Roy!

For sure, it will be interesting to cheer for one of ours... Like it is for you to cheer for BC natives Morisson and Mitchell...

It's cool to see some quebecois playing well in other teams but I would prefer to see them perform at their level in Montreal...

Oh and btw, I would take Laracque...

In the mean time, enjoy both your goatenders, your coach and Alex Burrows! Four quebecois....

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Markov - see above

The two solitudes again... Vancouver is far from Montreal... Probably why you don' t know that...

...the Habs have already stated that Samsonov will no longer play here and his contract will be bought, Kovalev said yesterday in a russian newspaper that he wanted out. Gainey said clearly that it will be hard to even think signing both Souray and Markov

This has nothing to do with being french canadian or not... If you ask me, Brière is either gonna sign again with Buffalo or his two good french canadians friends Biron and Gauthier will try to convince him to join them in Philly. As a matter of fact, on a local radio show, Biron already said that he intend to have a good lunch with Brière on july 1st.

As for french canadian players, since "smiling Bob" is in charge here, we lost Theodore, Ribeiro, Brisebois to name a few and we add Samsonov, Kovalev, Kostystin (???), Plekanec, Higgins, etc... Les Canadiens is built on tradition... French or english canadians... And we miss both of them big time!

Last season, we only had only 3 quebecois on the regulars and they played together on the 4th line. Latendresse, Lapierre and Bégin...

The last quebecois superstar in here was Roy!

For sure, it will be interesting to cheer for one of ours... Like it is for you to cheer for BC natives Morisson and Mitchell...

It's cool to see some quebecois playing well in other teams but I would prefer to see them perform at their level in Montreal...

Oh and btw, I would take Laracque...

In the mean time, enjoy both your goatenders, your coach and Alex Burrows! Four quebecois....

Aren't there like, 5 or 6 Head Coaches in your lineup in your sig, and quite a few execs?

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Here are the New York Rangers banners...I THINK. I found pics from EBay and other places, and this is what I've been shown they look like, so here you go.

newyorkrangersdesktopwh5.png

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Aren't there like, 5 or 6 Head Coaches in your lineup in your sig, and quite a few execs?

here's what I know:

1. Michel Bunny Larocque: Died on july 29th 1992 of brain cancer

2. Bill Nyrop: Died on december 31st 1995 of colon cancer

3. Brian Engblom: Currently does color commentary and analysis for Versus hockey games.

5. Guy Lapointe: HHOF inductee. Pro-scout for the Wild (not sure about Wild or Flames)

6. Jim Roberts: Coached Buffalo, Hartford, St-Louis. Interesting fact: Was trade by the habs to St-Louis for a draft pick that became Guy Carbonneau. I have no idea where he is or what he does today

6. Pierre Mondou: Pro scout for Les Canadiens

8. Doug Risebrough: Went to be Flames GM and is now Minnesota Wild GM since their beginning.

10. Guy Lafleur: HHOF inductee. Jersey is retired. Owns a couple of restaurants in the Montreal area. Shakes hands here and there representing Les Canadiens. Interesting fact: If you buy an helicopter from Bell Helicopter in Montreal, you can have it deliver personnally by "Flower" himself who is a great helicopter pilot.

11. Yvon Lambert: Manage the Mise-au-jeu restaurant at Bell Center and like flower, shakes hands here and there in exchange for a few beers.

12. Yvan Cournoyer: HHOF inductee. Used to coach the MOntreal Roadrunners Roller Hockey Team and was once assistant coach for the Habs. Now owns a restaurant in Montreal.

14. Mario Tremblay: Coached Les Canadiens and is now the assistant coach in Minnesota.

15. Réjean Houle: Was president of public relations at Molson breweries before he became GM in Montreasl in 1995. Wasn't ready for the job, had no choice to trade Roy which started the multi-years fall of our hockey team. Was fired and is now head of "Les Anciens Canadiens", the association who takes care of the old retired Canadiens players.

17. Murray Wilson: He's an analyst for the english radio station that broadcats the Habs games.

18. Serge Savard: HHOF inductee. Jersey retired. Went to be a great GM for "Les Canadiens" from 1982 to 1995. Now owns almost half of Montreal's downtown buildings and a few hotels here and there (Cuba and other carribean countries). He's filthy rich now!

19. Larry Robinson: HHOF inductee. Pretty sure his jersey will be retired. Coached LA and NJ.

20. Peter Mahovlich: Currently is a scout for the Atlanta Thrashers

21. Doug Jarvis: Is the actual assistant coach in Montreal.

22. Steve Shutt: HHOF inductee. I have no idea what he became... Need help here!

23. Bob Gainey: Where do I start. HHOF inductee. Went to France to coach the "Epinal Ecureuils" (Squirrels), came back to North America to be named GM of the defunct Minnesota North Stars, moved to Dallas with them as a GM/coach. Won the Cup there and is now the current Montreal Canadiens GM. Interesting fact, once played the entire playoffs (up to the cup) with both shoulders dislocated. At the end, his teamates lift him up on their shoulders. You can see this clip on HNIC opening sequences. One rare occasion to see Bob Gainey smiling (although he doesn't have front theeth)...

25. Jacques Lemaire: HHOF inductee. Coached the Habs, couldn't handle the pressure from the medias and went to coach the Devils. Won a couple of cups there and is now the only coach the Minnesota Wild history.

26. Pierre Bouchard: Was an analyst for a few years on RDS (french version of TSN) for Les Canadiens' games. Now resides in Montreal southshore and owns a dairy farm. I had the privilege to meet him a few times and was a real gentleman.

27. Rick Chartraw: I have no idea of his wereabouts. Interesting fact, probably the only NHLer to be born in Caracas, Venezuela

29. Ken Dryden: HHOF inductee. Jersey is retired. After his career, went on to have a political career and came close to be named Chief of the Federal Liberal party last november. Currently is a deputy from the Toronto region at Canadian Parliement. Interesting fact, he once played a game against Buffalo which is the only game in the NHL history to have two brothers facing up each others in nets. Ken in Montreal and Dave in Buffalo.

There you are...

Hope it was interesting!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Damn, that's a lot of history in that lineup right there....I doubt another team will have that kind of lineage like that in the near future with free agency and all, and the common rent-a-player theme that exists at the end of the season...

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Archived