New Florida Panthers Website (Other 29 Teams to Change Too!)

rmackman

The new site: http://panthers.nhl.com/ is up and running. The wallpapers that Pstic and philroy did for us will be put up there during the summer. Lots of news coming from the Panthers but I can't talk about all of that just yet. This should be an interesting offseason to say the least :D .

Here's our official press release. As you can see all 30 NHL teams will use the Panthers and Hurricanes new format for leaguewide uniformity.

PANTHERS RE-LAUNCH WEBSITE

floridapanthers.com Becomes 2nd NHL Team Website to

Undergo League-wide Facelift

SUNRISE, Fla. ? Sunrise Sports & Entertainment (SSE) and the Florida Panthers announced today the re-launch of the team?s official website, floridapanthers.com (can also be accessed at panthers.nhl.com). The Panthers are the second of the NHL?s 30 teams to undergo the transformation to a new, league-wide design to better serve fans following the team online.

?The Florida Panthers are pleased to bring our fans more in depth access and coverage through our newly designed website,? Chad Johnson Sr. VP of Sales & Marketing said. ?In today?s world, the internet is the primary source of information and we recognize that our website is our direct link to our fans for immediate access to all Panthers news.?

?We are excited to have the Florida Panthers make the move to the new league-wide technology platform,? Keith Ritter, President, NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises sad. ?The Panthers? web team has always done a great job offering original content, and through this new platform they will deliver that content and much more to Panthers' fans everywhere as a top-notch online experience.?

Among the new features of the redesigned website are a new streaming video player that allows fans easier access to game highlights, interviews with players and coaches, as well as up-to-the minute statistics and scores. In addition, the club will launch a special features section that can only be accessed by Panthers Season Seat Holders, interactive message boards and much more.

Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Home to more than 185 events annually and the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, the BankAtlantic Center is consistently a top 15 worldwide venue according to Pollstar. The BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year and is also the home of the Sinatra Theatre presented by BankAtlantic and three monthly South Florida publications: Live On Stage Credentials, Unrestricted and Panthers Insider.

-WWW.FLORIDAPANTHERS.COM-

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Panthers have cheerleaders??

Damn you beat me to it!!! That was my first thought as well! :D

Yes we have the Sziro Jewelry Ice Dancers! The fans really like them. They help the mascot Stanley C. Panther throw T-shirts into the audience and such. Because it's South Florida, our teams have gone more towards the ENTERTAINMENT approach rather than a sports approach. The Heat use an in house DJ during the game to get the crowd fired up. He's one of the DJ's from our local radio stations that plays hip hop and club music. The Panthers do the Ice Dancers and a bunch of other ideas to lend to the idea that Heat and Panther games are a big PARTY rather than just a sporting event. The Marlins are having the classic rock band Kansas play after their game on May 5th. They've sung songs such as Wayward Son. Again this lends to the idea that sports aren't enough without the party atmosphere in South Florida. Do I agree with it? Not really, but that's the fanbase here.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So much for allowing more leeway like the NBA does with their templates.

Which also makes me wonder that the economics of the game is reflected on website design.

God yes, it's the only thing keeping me at Panthers.com.

And seems like there's still work to be done, the image of the fan kid and the panther itself on the masthead still have jagged edge pixelization, as if cut from a white background and just stuck haphazardly on the new image.

Are they like the University of Minnesota Gopher cheerleaders that skate on the ice and do tricks? lol

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Are they like the University of Minnesota Gopher cheerleaders that skate on the ice and do tricks? lol

If they turned tricks, maybe they'd be able to fill some seats in Sunrise.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I guess so... Allie has become my favourite.

Have to go with Michele!

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Have to go with Michele!

Michele is a lawyer during her non-Panthers work hours. Go figure!? Smart and hot.

spacer.png

Have to go with Michele!

Michele is a lawyer during her non-Panthers work hours. Go figure!? Smart and hot.

Oh, if you've worked in the legal field for as long as I have, young padawan, you will know that being attorney does not indicate any sort of high intelligence level. It only means you had the time and money to slosh thru law school and sit thru the bar exam.

That being said, attorney eye candy, always a plus when doing the first year associate hiring.

Oh, if you've worked in the legal field for as long as I have, young padawan, you will know that being attorney does not indicate any sort of high intelligence level. It only means you had the time and money to slosh thru law school and sit thru the bar exam.

That being said, attorney eye candy, always a plus when doing the first year associate hiring.

.... well that would explain Mr. Hollander....

I saw, I came, I left.

So sorry if I sound stupid...but is all of the site content changing? like just for example, will there still be Pominville's playoff blog and stuff like that?

And omg will this be an improvement over the sabres site. The only thing I'm not a fan of so far on these new ones is the adds and stuff on the main page. It seems kind of cluttered.

Archived