Who to get on my jersey?

spyboy1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bout Joe Thornton?

Well, for the sake of some accuracy, Joe did not wear that style.

That doesn't stop people from mixing old jersey styles with new players though. There are Crosby & Malkin 1991-92 Skating Penguins jerseys all over ebay these days, so it's defintely an interesting suggestion and would look pretty nice in that style.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

TECHNICALLY.....the jersey is not from 74-75....they didn't add the shoulder bearheads until 1977.

I would go with Ron Grahame. He was a terrible backup goalie with the Bruins in 1977-78, and the Bruins convinced the LA Kings to give them a first-round draft pick for him in the 1979 draft. That draft pick turned out to be Ray Bourque.

The Bruins of the 70's were more successful and dominating than the Bruins in later decades. To really highlight your passion for the Bruins, you should focus on that era, in my opinion.

I'd go for something somewhat unique...how about...(as opposed to yet *another* Orr or Neely jersey)

Wayne Cashman

Terry O'Reilly

Johnny Bucyk

Gerry Cheevers

If you can make the Jersey look like the 71/72 team that went all the way, and was truly one of the greatest hockey teams that ever hit the ice, you may want to consider:

Ace Bailey * This has double impact, as I believe he was one of the passengers on the jet that hit the second tower, (the one you and I saw fly into the building on television), so you would commerorate that tragic loss, as well as honor a great Bruin. UA Flight 175.

Ken Hodge

TECHNICALLY.....the jersey is not from 74-75....they didn't add the shoulder bearheads until 1977.

You are so right. I was looking at NHLUniforms.com without enlarging the images and mistook the sleeve numbers for the bear heads. That leaves out Orr and Esposito then.

Cheevers is an interesting thought... I always liked him when I was a squirt. Hmmmmm...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

SEABASS!!

I was thinking about doing that recently, but I can't bring myself to do that to a jersey. I would love to see one, and think it would have been a cool player name/number shirt about what, 14 years ago.

SEAsig.png

I have a white Juneau 49 with the Stanley Cup 100th patch. First jersey I ever bought.

I like the idea of Ken Linseman but you could also go with a Bill Ranford or a Don Sweeney or if you already have a Neely how about a Geoff Courtnall jersey (the guy they traded to Vancouver to get Neely).

Just for the sake of accuracy, it wasn't Geoff Courtnall they traded for Cam Neely, it was Barry Pederson......

I have a white Juneau 49 with the Stanley Cup 100th patch. First jersey I ever bought.

I just finished reading on Uni Watch that Juneau wore 49 as a reference to his last name, capital of the 49th state. That's clever, it never occurred to me. I mean the number, not the name. That much was obvious.

My vote goes for Bill Ranford #30, traded for Moog in 87-88 then went on to lead the Oilers to the 1990 Cup against those Bruins winning the Conn Smythe.

It was 95-96 that they traded for him after Blaine "the Lach-net Monster" Lacher tanked it.

I hate to speak ill of Lacher, he was my favorite Bruin at the time. That being said...

Go with Lacher 31!

or

Andy Moog 35

or...

if you wanna be really obscure...

Darren Banks 56 (tough guy!)

EDIT: *My b, I forgot that Ranford was a Bruin back in the 80s...my bad Chris!

I like the idea of Ken Linseman but you could also go with a Bill Ranford or a Don Sweeney or if you already have a Neely how about a Geoff Courtnall jersey (the guy they traded to Vancouver to get Neely).

Just for the sake of accuracy, it wasn't Geoff Courtnall they traded for Cam Neely, it was Barry Pederson......

You're right, I don't know where I came up with Courtnall from. Still a hell of a trade for the Bruins.

My vote goes for Bill Ranford #30, traded for Moog in 87-88 then went on to lead the Oilers to the 1990 Cup against those Bruins winning the Conn Smythe.

A man of good taste - my vintage Oilers sweater has Ranford on the back.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

You're right, I don't know where I came up with Courtnall from. Still a hell of a trade for the Bruins.

No doubt that trade was awesome....if every NHL player played like Neely (Scoring, hitting, fighting, playing every night like it was the 7th game of the cup), the NHL would be as popular as the NFL.......

Add Cheevers to my aformentioned list a page or 2 back. Then somehow get a goalie mask like his. That thing was sweet!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The two Bruins I always associate with that style of jersey are Ray Bourque and, moreso, Cam Neely. You could go with Reggie Lemelin, too.

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

REG-GIE!

(Hey, the guys a former Flame--I have to pick him.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived