Your NBA Live '08 coverboy is...

OB33

Gilbert Arenas.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Lebron still hasn't managed to make the cover yet, but his time can't be too far off. Unless of course he bolts ship for Sega or 989, which I would highly doubt.

Oh, and for those of you concerned, yes he's wearing the gold jersey on the cover, at least for now.

For a look at the cover check out the video here.

No word yet on if EA will add a "Hibachi!" button or a swag meter.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Arenas was injured before he made the cover, right? So does that make the curse retroactive?

Umm...there isn't a Live cover curse. Just Madden.

..but to answer your question, yes, the curse would be retroactive. Still counts in my book.

well there was also NBA Live 04....

I saw, I came, I left.

arenas600nbalivetd8.jpg

There's your cover.

Allow me to cast some doubt as to the veracity of that picture that right now... it looks identical to the 2007 series of games, and EA has been pretty consistent in changing those up every year. Not wholesale changes, mind you - the games usually resemble previous years - but there are usually noticeable differences.

It wouldn't be too hard to photoshop that kind of cover, although the inclusion of photographic context suggests someone was, at the very least, working hard to make it look authentic.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

arenas600nbalivetd8.jpg

There's your cover.

I like who they chose to be the cover boy of Live, Arenas is a good choice

Why is he wearing a jersey with the Adidas logo on it?????

Because Adidas makes the jerseys?

But NBA rules prohibit the manufactuer's logo from being on the jersey during play.

So obviously he posed for this one, and it's not really an "in-game" shot.

arenas600nbalivetd8.jpg

There's your cover.

I like who they chose to be the cover boy of Live, Arenas is a good choice

Why is he wearing a jersey with the Adidas logo on it?????

Because Adidas makes the jerseys?

But NBA rules prohibit the manufactuer's logo from being on the jersey during play.

So obviously he posed for this one, and it's not really an "in-game" shot.

the 07 cover had an adidas logo on it too i think they take the photos at ea sports hq

ATL

arenas600nbalivetd8.jpg

There's your cover.

Allow me to cast some doubt as to the veracity of that picture that right now... it looks identical to the 2007 series of games, and EA has been pretty consistent in changing those up every year. Not wholesale changes, mind you - the games usually resemble previous years - but there are usually noticeable differences.

It wouldn't be too hard to photoshop that kind of cover, although the inclusion of photographic context suggests someone was, at the very least, working hard to make it look authentic.

Yeah, deep down inside I had a feeling that this was probably just the initial cover they put out to hype the new cover athlete. On a different site I saw a slightly different version of the same cover:

live08500ff5.jpg

Note how the ESPN logo is bigger on this one, so I'm doubting that either of these will end up being the finished product. Hopefully it means that the gold won't be featured on the real deal.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived