High School Clique Soccer Leauge

cappital92

As some of you know, I hate high school cliqueism, mostly preppies and emos. One day recently, I thought,"If cliques are like teams, why not make unis?". So after some studying of my peers and their looks, I forged these babies. I would also like some logo/badge ideas,please.

CFL.png

COLORS

Emos:the wordmark is more of a really dark purple, rather than sheer black.

Preppys:I chose pink for two reasons. One, preppy dudes are the only dudes that wear pink anymore. Two, PINK(Victoria's Secret)sweatpants are all the rage with the girls.

Jocks:Mostly because my school's primary color is burgundy, so most of the jerseys and jackets are that color.

Ghettos:Often referred as just "the Ghetto kids", I made a gold that looked like both gold chains and Timberland Boots.

Nerds: Most of the nerds wear blue most of the time, so that's all I could think of.

Losers:Why they're here, I'm not too sure. Just made to even it out. Green is the shirt color is the choice of most "Socially Challenged"(trying to be PC here)people at school.

C+C= Me :D

:censored:, times have changed. When I was in high school in the early 90s the cliques were defined by which gang you belonged to...

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

:censored:, times have changed. When I was in high school in the early 90s the cliques were defined by which gang you belonged to...

I'm sayin'... what kind of John Hughes ass high schools are these?

(I'm still not even sure that I know what an emo is lol)

I'm sayin'... what kind of John Hughes ass high schools are these?

(I'm still not even sure that I know what an emo is lol)

Ask, and ye shall get...

the nerds one looks far too cool. make it like a digital clock font or something. also, the "ghettos" color looks gross, it isnt the color you intended to use, consider changing it. to make these better I would consider adding a second color to all of them, that way they dont look like text you typed out in word or paint.

the nerds one looks far too cool. make it like a digital clock font or something. also, the "ghettos" color looks gross, it isnt the color you intended to use, consider changing it. to make these better I would consider adding a second color to all of them, that way they dont look like text you typed out in word or paint.

I have 2nd colors planned out.

Emos:Red

Preppys:Light Blue

Jocks:Grey

Ghettos:Black

Nerds:Green

Losers:Yellow

What I really need is logo/badge ideas.I have one for the preppys, but I can't draw a moose with wings.

The obvious offensiveness to some of these aside...they could each be thoroughly improved:

EMOS: I see what're you are going with the "cutter" type font. I'd go with a thinner block.

Preppy: Your color choice is your call. I think the font can work.

Jocks: I see you are using a varsity type font. You might want to use on the has an outline. It will evoke that varsity feel more than the block/hard edged letters by themself.

Ghettos: Try a graphitti font. Personally, I'd try another name. Ghetto has too many negative connotations. However, if you are set on that name then I'd try to incorporate the number 8 somewhere into the wordmark.

Nerds: Digital font. It screams it. Or spell it out with math symbols. Look here

Losers: Try using a different font for each letter and have each one be a different size. This will fit the "don't belong" theme.

No new replies?Well, anyway, here's the Preppies crest. The wings are based off of the Hollister seagull([The Scoop] For more info,scroll down some).

PSC.png

If you don't care enough to put some effort into this, why should we care enough to give you honest feedback?

Stuff like this irks me. Don't blame your lack of higher-end programs - that can be overcome. People have done amazing things in Paint. It's not hard.

For starters...

- if you have to resize something, go ahead, but make sure to redraw whatever lines need to be redrawn so it looks clean. (Or, alternatively, you can get IrfanView, which is one of the free programs available which more cleanly resizes raster images.)

- if your going to put text in, and want to make it "fancy," use WordArt and copy it over. If it's too small to look good, then maybe it doesn't need to be in the logo. Also, save the WordArt in your Word file - it'll be easier to resize that than resizing the Paint version.

- are things aligned correctly? The misaligned F and C in this logo are painfully obvious, and communicate a lack of effort on the designer's part.

- ultrathin lines (lines one pixel wide) are almost never a good idea in a finished product. The don't show up from any distance, and only serve to muddy a good logo. Decide whether the line needs to be there or not. If not, get rid of it... but if so, make it heavy enough so it can be seen.

I'm sorry to be harsh, but a lot of people put a lot of effort into concepts, and when you post your stuff here, it's pushing other peoples work out of the public eye. People have to expect that to happen, but if your pushing other people's work out, the stuff they've put time and effort into, and replacing it with quick, unfinished sketches, that's just not cool.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

No new replies?Well, anyway, here's the Preppies crest. The wings are based off of the Hollister seagull([The Scoop] For more info,scroll down some).

PSC.png

If you don't care enough to put some effort into this, why should we care enough to give you honest feedback?

Stuff like this irks me. Don't blame your lack of higher-end programs - that can be overcome. People have done amazing things in Paint. It's not hard.

For starters...

- if you have to resize something, go ahead, but make sure to redraw whatever lines need to be redrawn so it looks clean. (Or, alternatively, you can get IrfanView, which is one of the free programs available which more cleanly resizes raster images.)

- if your going to put text in, and want to make it "fancy," use WordArt and copy it over. If it's too small to look good, then maybe it doesn't need to be in the logo. Also, save the WordArt in your Word file - it'll be easier to resize that than resizing the Paint version.

- are things aligned correctly? The misaligned F and C in this logo are painfully obvious, and communicate a lack of effort on the designer's part.

- ultrathin lines (lines one pixel wide) are almost never a good idea in a finished product. The don't show up from any distance, and only serve to muddy a good logo. Decide whether the line needs to be there or not. If not, get rid of it... but if so, make it heavy enough so it can be seen.

I'm sorry to be harsh, but a lot of people put a lot of effort into concepts, and when you post your stuff here, it's pushing other peoples work out of the public eye. People have to expect that to happen, but if your pushing other people's work out, the stuff they've put time and effort into, and replacing it with quick, unfinished sketches, that's just not cool.

I tried to fix the script a little, Phil. Tell me if it's better.

PSC-1.png

That, to me doesn't look any different other than removing the ribbon. That looks nothing like a seagul and if you didn't tell me where you got it from than I never in my life would've guessed Hollister. Your wordmarks also look extremely uninspired. You're someone I don't quite understand at all, it seems like your life revolves around high school social classes, and even though you seem to hate them all or have some dislike about everything in mainstream America you still spend 90% of your time talking about it.

PSC.png

For starters...

I tried to fix the script a little, Phil. Tell me if it's better.

PSC-1.png

Hmmm...that's certainly...something? :therock:

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived