Madden 08 Cover...

Old School Fool

madden08coverbr8.jpg

The Luv Ya Blue took me by total suprise.

I wonder what this means...

It wouldn't surprise me if thats just the Xbox 360 cover, remember Madden 06 with McNabb, the 360 cover had him wearing their black alt:

madden06_xbox360boxboxart_160w.jpg

Compared to the regular Xbox cover:

madden06.jpg

Well seeing as they aren't making it for Xbox or PS2, I think they will only have one cover. Plus that was the first year of the 360, and didn't Madden for 360 come out later than the other versions?

Well seeing as they aren't making it for Xbox or PS2, I think they will only have one cover. Plus that was the first year of the 360, and didn't Madden for 360 come out later than the other versions?

Don't know where you got you info, but it is definitely being made for the PS2 and XBox, according to the official release from EA:

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?dcr=sp...amp;id=mad08rel

They asked LT to be on the cover first, but he turned down the offer. It would have been better if the person on the cover had made the playoffs before.

I would've liked LaDanian Tomlinson on the cover, for it would have pimped their new look. (a la Madden 2004 with Mike Vick)

I think LT turned it down. Did anyone else hear that?

I think someone told him about the curse and he wised up. :P

Actually it was the Chargers organization that did everything in their power to make sure LT didn't appear on the cover....but yeah, ol' boy did wise up...

...as far as VY in the luv-ya-on-luv-ya, it's probably got something to do with marketing, in terms of jersey sales; plus, it seems so many folks liked that color combo (don't know why), but...and I haven't said this in a while:

That's just one man's opinon...my two rusted Lincolns.

Don't know where you got you info, but it is definitely being made for the PS2 and XBox, according to the official release from EA:

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?dcr=sp...amp;id=mad08rel

I was about to net-punch kewp for saying that. Then I read the article and now I'm ready to net-hug everyone.

(completely OT: They're still making it for the GCN?! That's probably gonna be the last game made for that system, besides FIFA. Yet they don't wanna make NCAA Football for anything else besides XBox & Console Playstation. Crapalicious.)

But yeah...Wow, didn't see that coming (re: Vince Young in the light blue for the cover.) But I'm willing to bet that's just for the next-gen versions.

No rookie should be on the cover.

I completely agree. I'm glad they put a sophomore on this year's cover. Rookies just shouldn't be allowed. Besides, they tend to announce the cover-boy before the draft anyways. Can you imagine if they put a rookie on the cover? They'd have to wait until May to announce who it is.

No rookie should be on the cover.

I completely agree. I'm glad they put a sophomore on this year's cover. Rookies just shouldn't be allowed. Besides, they tend to announce the cover-boy before the draft anyways. Can you imagine if they put a rookie on the cover? They'd have to wait until May to announce who it is.

LOL, I was wondering when someone was going to point that out.

EA should put whoever they want on the cover. If they'd rather put VY than someone with more experience or playoff success, that's their decision. It's about selling a game, it's not the HOF.

Archived