Sources: Pats agree to trade for Raiders WR Moss

nyk

Moss will behave himself you can write that down now, he did not act like a jerk in Oakland listen to what he was saying. He was saying he did not care because nobody else cared it was a bad locker there, now that wont be the issue and looking to resurrect his career he will have a great season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

(OT reply)

Yeah, I said this about Merriweather, same with Moss...They will be "magically transformed" into model citizens with the Pats. It's "in the water."

Can I have some of that water?

First off...anything less than a Super Bowl win for the Patriots this year will be a failure. On paper, this looks to be the most talented Patriots team since they started winning Super Bowls.

I just hope everyone gets enough touches...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Throw Moss in a room with Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour and Tedi Bruschi. Have them say tell Moss how the team is run.

Moss should cooperate.

:D

I posted this idea in another thread.

This actaully worked for a guy named Martin Pike when he played for North Melbourne Kangaroos in the AFL.

Glenn Archer, one of the club's leaders got him up against a locker and told him "if you f*** up my footy club I will f***ing kill you".

Pike stopped going out, stopped taking training nights off and became a really good player.

Together they won the 1999 Premiership, and Pike now mentors kids on how to avoid unhealthy lifestyles.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here's the thing about this trade that no one seems to understand: Randy Moss has NO leverage. They reworked his contract to the point that if at any point during the season he becomes a distraction they can cut him easily without any major cap ramifications. That's the difference between what happened with T.O. and what's happening with Moss. Philly and Dallas would take HUGE hits if they were to cut him. His redone contract is incentive laden. If he's not a model citizen or quits on the team he's out before he can even become a distraction. That's why Dillon was a model citizen. This could be Moss' last chance at being a major contributor to a team. Perfect deal for the Pats.

Let's not fit the rings yet. We Pats fans should know better than anyone that just because you're a powerhouse doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. Ask Rams fans.

Here's the thing about this trade that no one seems to understand: Randy Moss has NO leverage. They reworked his contract to the point that if at any point during the season he becomes a distraction they can cut him easily without any major cap ramifications. That's the difference between what happened with T.O. and what's happening with Moss. Philly and Dallas would take HUGE hits if they were to cut him. His redone contract is incentive laden. If he's not a model citizen or quits on the team he's out before he can even become a distraction. That's why Dillon was a model citizen. This could be Moss' last chance at being a major contributor to a team. Perfect deal for the Pats.

Let's not fit the rings yet. We Pats fans should know better than anyone that just because you're a powerhouse doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. Ask Rams fans.

Well, we should have won it in January, so you can't take anything for granted.

But the Patriots almost got there without a guy like this.

Is he the difference between holding Indi in the last drive and not?

Because had they, they would have won in January.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The problem wasn't the offense, it was the defense. I do agree Moss has put this offense over the top, but the major problem was the lack of depth at the Linebacker and Secondary posistions, both of which they filled phenominally. Patriots offseason grade = A+++

Although this team is argueably the most talented team in the league, that doesn't gurantee a championship... but if this team gels together like other Patriots teams have shown the ability to do then ya'll better watch yourselves, because if this team is operating on all cylinders than I don't seem them getting beat. How long will it take for Moss/Stallworth/Welker and Brady to find a grove? Only time will tell, but damn I can't wait to see it.

Although this team is argueably the most talented team in the league, that doesn't gurantee a championship... but if this team gels together like other Patriots teams have shown the ability to do then ya'll better watch yourselves, because if this team is operating on all cylinders than I don't seem them getting beat. How long will it take for Moss/Stallworth/Welker and Brady to find a grove? Only time will tell, but damn I can't wait to see it.

About as long as it takes to get from Boston to any orange growing orchard I would suppose... ^_^

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Throw Moss in a room with Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour and Tedi Bruschi. Have them say tell Moss how the team is run.

Moss should cooperate.

I posted this idea in another thread.

This actaully worked for a guy named Martin Pike when he played for North Melbourne Kangaroos in the AFL.

Glenn Archer, one of the club's leaders got him up against a locker and told him "if you f*** up my footy club I will f***ing kill you".

Pike stopped going out, stopped taking training nights off and became a really good player.

Together they won the 1999 Premiership, and Pike now mentors kids on how to avoid unhealthy lifestyles.

i wish teams had more players like that. IT would keep the moss', owens and other trouble makers in line. sometimes the character players are as valuable as the high priced talent that comes.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

About as long as it takes to get from Boston to any orange growing orchard I would suppose... ^_^

Have Stallworth find one. He'll have plenty of time when he's on Injured Reserve...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I, for one, am ecstatic about this trade.

Not because I'm a big fan of the Patriots, but because it kills, once and for all, the talk of Moss ending up with the NFL team I am a big fan of. The team whose fans he once pretended to moon.

CCSLC signature.png

Not because I'm a big fan of the Patriots, but because it kills, once and for all, the talk of Moss ending up with the NFL team I am a big fan of. The team whose fans he once pretended to moon.

But...but...b...but you're from Minnesota!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The problem wasn't the offense, it was the defense. I do agree Moss has put this offense over the top, but the major problem was the lack of depth at the Linebacker and Secondary posistions, both of which they filled phenominally. Patriots offseason grade = A+++

But they have not done anything to the secondary, sure they tagged, samuel, but he does not want to be, can u say hold out and trade, so after him who else u have at corner???? nobody, and they did nothing about it at the draft, THATS why i'm not 100% super bowl win sold---yet

But they have not done anything to the secondary, sure they tagged, samuel, but he does not want to be, can u say hold out and trade, so after him who else u have at corner???? nobody, and they did nothing about it at the draft, THATS why i'm not 100% super bowl win sold---yet

Um, where have you been? Did you go into exile after the AFC Championship?

Asante Samuel will not hold out, mark my words. He'll play. Randall Gay will be back from an injury plagued campaign in '06. Also I don't think Ellis Hobbs and Artrell Hawkins are too shabby either, not great, but certainly could do worse. Harrison and Wilson (also hurt in '06) behind them, and I like this secondary. They really didn't have to do all that much. I'm satisfied.

In the draft they picked up Brandon Merriweather who may be a douchebag, but he's a helluva player.

Hey I don't care what Joe Buck thought about the mooning thing, that :censored: was pretty funny. Not gonna lie.

Um, where have you been? Did you go into exile after the AFC Championship?

Asante Samuel will not hold out, mark my words. He'll play. Randall Gay will be back from an injury plagued campaign in '06. Also I don't think Ellis Hobbs and Artrell Hawkins are too shabby either, not great, but certainly could do worse. Harrison and Wilson (also hurt in '06) behind them, and I like this secondary. They really didn't have to do all that much. I'm satisfied.

In the draft they picked up Brandon Merriweather who may be a douchebag, but he's a helluva player.

Assuming Merriweather moves into the starting FS spot besides Harrison, Wilson would likely convert back to corner, which is his natural position. So that, injuries returning, the secondary SHOULD be better and might be the best they've had in a couple of years. Of course, the games still have to be played.

What is the history of teams loading up like this? It seldom seems to work out (although I may be overlooking some obvious examples).

It seems like plenty of teams come out loaded for bear, but it doesn't ever seem to work out. Consider:

The 2001 Washington Redskins added LaVar Arrington, Chris Samuels, Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders (anymore?) and promptly did nothing.

The 2003/04 Los Angeles Lakers added Gary Payton and Karl Malone, barely made it past San Antonio in the Conference Finals (remember that Derek Fisher shot?) and got crushed in the Finals.

The 2001 and onward Yankees have been miserable.

I'm sure there are more examples, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. It just seems like the best teams come together organically, like the 2001 Patriots, the 2002 Buccaneers, the 2002 Angels, the 2005 White Sox, and so on...

Or am I off base?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What is the history of teams loading up like this? It seldom seems to work out (although I may be overlooking some obvious examples).

It seems like plenty of teams come out loaded for bear, but it doesn't ever seem to work out. Consider:

The 2001 Washington Redskins added LaVar Arrington, Chris Samuels, Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders (anymore?) and promptly did nothing.

The 2003/04 Los Angeles Lakers added Gary Payton and Karl Malone, barely made it past San Antonio in the Conference Finals (remember that Derek Fisher shot?) and got crushed in the Finals.

I'm sure there are more examples, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. It just seems like the best teams come together organically, like the 2001 Patriots, the 2002 Buccaneers, the 2002 Angels, the 2005 White Sox, and so on...

Or am I off base?

No you're not at all. You make an extremely valid point.

But here's the difference, in my eyes, New England didn't just load up to load up. They went out and got what they needed. Desperatly needed. If they kept the same roster plus this years draft picks, they would not have competed for the AFC Championship, I think that's a given. It's tough to gauge how well these signings are when it's only May 2nd, but I'm alot more satisfied now than I was in January.

Or am I off base?

I hope you are right but I dont know the Pats core is still there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived