Boucher sets modern day shutout record

IowaFan26

Brian Boucher got the MODERN DAY record for consective shutouts tonight against the Wild. He's gone 325:45 minutes without giving up a goal, that's almost 5 and a half hours of brick wallness by Boucher.

Not bad for someone who started third on the depth chart at the beginning of the season.

Recap Of Game Via CBS Sportsline

Chris made a point earlier about how longer streaks have occured in the NHL, but this is modern day streaks, where the rules have changed since those records were set. Be pretty sweet if he could extend his streak for a few more games perhaps and pass up the guys from way back when.

sig09.jpg

Yeah this is the longest streak since the NHL allowed forward passing in the offensive zone, I never relaize that was not allowed. I guees I learn something every day.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah this is the longest streak since the NHL allowed forward passing in the offensive zone, I never relaize that was not allowed. I guees I learn something every day.

Actually there's one more goaltender ahead of him from the first season forward passing was allowed

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I predict that my Thrashers will stop that streak tonight! :D

So am i.... the Thrashers are a super-offensive team.

You have to start wondering if Phoenix's opponents will start trying too hard to score, which could lead to bad plays.

Either way, go Boucher go

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

GO THRASHERS!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived