New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas A&M is switching to Adidas from Nike. There is no news of any design changes yet, but it is a strong possibility. A&M may even switch to a different shade of maroon as Nike likes to use set color standards and the Maroon we got stuck with in a lot of merchandise can come off as almost too close to purple.

Rumor among UNC fans is that Butch Davis will make some changes to the Tar Heels' uniforms. Nothing more than rumors at this point.

Slight modifications for next season (larger text size for player names), and complete overhaul for 2008-09 season.

Heres the word comming out of A&M.

Steve Moore, the marketing guru for the Texas A&M, is proposing that the current color of maroon be lightened and that the block ATM will change to where the "A" and the "M" will be slightly bigger and spread out further from the "T" and that all the letters will have a beveled look.

The jerseys for next year have already been ordered, so that part will not change. The emblem on the helmet however could be change to the new style as early as this year.

Here are some ideas of what people have come up with for the possible new look. This is still all rumors at this point. My opinion is as long as we have a set logo that is used as opposed to the 3 different ATM logos that we presently use on merchandise, it will be a good thing

f_NewLogom_4472052.jpg

NewAgHelmet.png

Rumor among UNC fans is that Butch Davis will make some changes to the Tar Heels' uniforms. Nothing more than rumors at this point.

Slight modifications for next season (larger text size for player names), and complete overhaul for 2008-09 season.

About the only thing I can tell you about this (and this comes from the few people I know down in Chapel Hill, not to meniton my own observance of Butch on TV) is this (as much as it pains me and possibly Mike, too):

Expect a heav(ier) dosage of navy.

Why do I say this? The folks I know down there say that Butch really likes navy (and if you haven't noticed, when you see him on TV he almost has no trace of tar heel blue on this threads anywhere, so I can believe it). Plus, with navy being one of the "it" colors (reference the NBA in case you may be lost), and "darker colors=more intimidating", it would not surprise me one ioda if this was the case.

Like my boy Mike D said in the C&C he wrote up in the concept I just recently did up for UNC's football squad:

...thank you thank you thank you for keeping navy to a minimum. You're right, we in Tar Heel Nation are insanely attached to Carolina Blue and White. Navy serves a purpose of providing a little contrast, but by the end of the Mack Brown/Carl Torbush years, the navy was getting out of hand. If nothing else, the best thing John Bunting ever did for the program was de-emphasize navy and allow the school colors to be prominent. So thanks for getting that; a lot of folks don't.

Now the whole argyle thing? IF that makes it on there I may have to go seek out the designer of the future sets and "see where he may have gotten that idea"... :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Heres the word comming out of A&M.

Steve Moore, the marketing guru for the Texas A&M, is proposing that the current color of maroon be lightened and that the block ATM will change to where the "A" and the "M" will be slightly bigger and spread out further from the "T" and that all the letters will have a beveled look.

The jerseys for next year have already been ordered, so that part will not change. The emblem on the helmet however could be change to the new style as early as this year.

Here are some ideas of what people have come up with for the possible new look. This is still all rumors at this point. My opinion is as long as we have a set logo that is used as opposed to the 3 different ATM logos that we presently use on merchandise, it will be a good thing

f_NewLogom_4472052.jpg

NewAgHelmet.png

Big aggie fan here. I love that helmet mock; would be nice if they went for that. If they haven't ordered the pants yet, maybe they could bring back a stripe or two.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Rumor around Boone is that Appalachian is switching from Russell Athletic to Nike jerseys this year.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I know for sure that my alma-mater Boise State University will be getting new Nike unis for this season. Helmets will stay the same, the all blue will stay as the home uniform, but orange jerseys may be seen this year during one home game. The design will NOT be the same as Oregon State even though some have rumored that and will be made from the newer Nike performance materials.

By the way, if you haven't figured it out by now Sooners - the ball was in the quarterback's other hand. :P

Rumor also has it around Raleigh that Tom O'Brien is going to change NC State's uniforms a little also. Perhaps taking them back to the Philip Rivers look?

Forget what I wrote. Initially he was rumored to have interest in changing up the threads, but in today's Raleigh News & Observer Tom O'Brien stated that there will not be changes to the uniform this season. However, he did imply that next season there would be a change.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Rumor around Boone is that Appalachian is switching from Russell Athletic to Nike jerseys this year.

Well they already wore Nike jerseys right? I thought they had the original Miami piping-heavy style...

20051203RichieWilliams80w.jpg

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Well they already wore Nike jerseys right? I thought they had the original Miami piping-heavy style...

nah, they have been russell athletic with that same piping for the past two years.

appsiggold.png

nah, they have been russell athletic with that same piping for the past two years.

Also, they did use Nike uniforms before going to Russell. It was a traditional looking set.

Archived