New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan State is making some minor changes. The script "Michigan State" is being changed from a narrow Times New Roman font to a Futura bold typeface similar to the what MSU wore in the mid-1960s.

This video says that names will return to the jerseys and the green pants (which many people around MSU hated) are gone -- so green jerseys at home with white pants and all white unis on the road. There is a possibility that a stripe or stripes will return to the pants and/or helmet soon but Coach Dantonio said that may have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan State unveiled their new uniforms. They added a stripe to the helmet. The font on the front of the jerseys changed and they added a spartan above the nameplate. Michigan State on the front is small and very close to the numbers. The spartan above the nameplate is not needed.

large_hoyer.JPG

large_Newhelmet.JPG

large_unibacks.JPG

large_Thornhill.JPG

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Rumor is that Kansas is changing their uniforms again. Apparently the staff isn't too happy but school administration is demanding that the new logo be used in athletics as well as academics. Here's a photoshop of what is rumored to be the new helmet, jersey numbers will also reportedly be changed to the new "trajan" font.

kulogo-1.jpg

Yeah the "Michigan State" on the front just looks weird to me. The helmet looks nicer now, I like the stripe. Don't really care about the spartan above the nameplate.

Thirded on the jersey script--it's way too close to the number, especially on the green jersey (even though it's probably just the view and they're the same). And the Spartan would look better (albeit more ordinary) on the jersey front.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new kansas look.

If they do use the Trajan Font as the number font I think it would look very cool and unique [[brewers esque--on a foorball uniform]].

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, May 27th, 2007 - 15:18:17)

Michigan State unveiled their new uniforms. They added a stripe to the helmet. The font on the front of the jerseys changed and they added a spartan above the nameplate. Michigan State on the front is small and very close to the numbers. The spartan above the nameplate is not needed.

large_hoyer.JPG

large_Newhelmet.JPG

large_unibacks.JPG

large_Thornhill.JPG

Just curious - does this mean that the green pants are history too???

Just curious - does this mean that the green pants are history too???

I believe that the article stated the green pants would not be used any longer.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah the "Michigan State" on the front just looks weird to me. The helmet looks nicer now, I like the stripe. Don't really care about the spartan above the nameplate.

Thirded on the jersey script--it's way too close to the number, especially on the green jersey (even though it's probably just the view and they're the same). And the Spartan would look better (albeit more ordinary) on the jersey front.

4th that. if they didnt want to put the Spartan on the front of the uni, they couldve atleast put the block S on there, instead of the Michigan State which just is a lot to have on the front of it

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, May 27th, 2007 - 15:18:17)

large_hoyer.JPG

large_Newhelmet.JPG

large_unibacks.JPG

large_Thornhill.JPG

VERY NICE. Classic. I really dig it. I also always liked that helmet better with the white stripe. I just don't like the spartan above the name. That concept has killed itself, the only way I would like that was a small and simple secondary mark, but even then, it seams like overkill.

But it is a nice and clean look. Very Nice.

Archived