New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, May 27th, 2007 - 15:18:17)

Michigan State unveiled their new uniforms. They added a stripe to the helmet. The font on the front of the jerseys changed and they added a spartan above the nameplate. Michigan State on the front is small and very close to the numbers. The spartan above the nameplate is not needed.

large_hoyer.JPG

large_Newhelmet.JPG

large_unibacks.JPG

large_Thornhill.JPG

Even though the font looks kinda small for me, MSU probably has some of the best unis in college football right now. Everything about it just works, IMO.

As a Spartan Alumn, all I can say is that my prayers have been answered.

1) Single helmet stripe. This helmet is now perfect. Don't ever touch it again.

2) Names on back. This isn't high school. Last year was too generic.

3) No green pants. Disgusting. No more fighting pickles at home.

4) MICHIGAN STATE on the front in a plain font.

5) No stupid piping.

6) No grey anywhere

I wouldn't have minded a single green stripe on the pants, but this will do. You can't have everything.

Now all we need is for Mark D'Antonio to stay for 10+ years to make this stick.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Definite upgrade for MSU. I absolutely HATED the old font they used, something like Times New Roman...it never said "football" to me. I think the placement of the Wordmark looks strange because it sits so low on the jersey and there is hardly any space between the wordmark and number.

I think the Spartan above the nameplate gives a little bit to the jersey since it is kind of plain besides that. The helmet stripe is also a nice upgrade. I don't think they could have got much uglier than their old unis, so I am liking these.

I am wondering how a single medium-sized stripe down the side of the pants would've looked...good, I would think.

I'll chime in with my $0.02 cents worth...

I love these! I prefer my football unis to be of the classic variety (as opposed to, say, Oregon) and the MSU outfits fit the bill.

(Rare) kudos to Nike...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I actually really liked the green pants with the white tops, but no other complaints here. The helmet is now one of the best in the Big Ten, easily. And the location of the lettering on the front has quickly grown on me. This is one of those times where Nike decided to keep it simple, and made it look stunning. Now if they could stop the nonsense with everyone else. I actually like the logo above the nameplates- I know some people find it played out, but I'll gladly take a couple more before the trend dies.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

The Michigan State across the chest is too low and looks like they have saggy boobs!! Of course, they could move the school name up on the jersey if the Nike logo wasn't sitting in the prime spot, which ruins the whole look. I'll miss the green pants as I hate all white unis in football.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If that is indeed true then that would be a major upgrade! I have always hated the duke uniforms, they finally just got a great looking helmet, and now lets hope they will have some good uniforms to go with it!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

From the Syracuse Post-Standard:

I do hear there's one big tweak being made to the football unis for the upcoming season. For better or worse, it's sure to cause plenty O discussion.

I would like it if Syracuse would keep the same uniform for at least two years in a row. I loved the Graves, McNabb, Konrad, Freeney set and certainly don't mind what they had last year (I prefer the numbers without the white outline, but it seems most don't). What is the plenty "O" discussion? Are they ditching the numbers on the helmets for something stupid?

I can't wait.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived