New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not like the black shoes/socks and white face masks with yellow pants. It looks way to inconsistent and mismatched.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

From the Syracuse Post-Standard:

I do hear there's one big tweak being made to the football unis for the upcoming season. For better or worse, it's sure to cause plenty O discussion.

15405544_z.jpg

I don't know if the thinner shoulder stripes qualify as a "big tweak", but then again the phrase "big tweak" is pretty vague, if not nonsensical.

From the Syracuse Post-Standard:

I do hear there's one big tweak being made to the football unis for the upcoming season. For better or worse, it's sure to cause plenty O discussion.

15405544_z.jpg

I don't know if the thinner shoulder stripes qualify as a "big tweak", but then again the phrase "big tweak" is pretty vague, if not nonsensical.

That's the Nike replica, so I'll be interested to see what, if anything, is different on the actual jerseys.

And SU really needs to stop changing thing around. In case they didn't notice, their football team is terrible. A little less attention to the uniforms and a little more on the team would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And SU really needs to stop changing thing around. In case they didn't notice, their football team is terrible. A little less attention to the uniforms and a little more on the team would be much appreciated.

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive, unless you know that they're ignoring the team to focus on the uniforms.

Colorado: S0603BUFFS17_t600.JPG

Is it just me or do italics basically never work on football uniforms? Always seem to be off center.

And is it just me...or is that silver REFLECTIVE? Sorta like Oregon's "chrome" color, huh...

...And is it just me...or does that "gold" look kinda, uh (BigShoop if you still around up in here pay attention to this one)...yellow?

So this is the way Pipe--er, I mean Nike--chose to present Colorado's football squad, and to incorporate more of their school colors of silver and gold? Bleh!

And is it just me...or do those numbers look like REALLY small? I thought the U. of Florida Gators' numbers looked unusually small. I also just realized both they and Colorado use the same jersey template (panel-wise, that is), so maybe that's why.

Ugh.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The silver is reflective, according to the article that went with that picture.

Reflective numerals/trim on a sports uniform.

Nike innovation at its best.

You know...it really wouldn't surprise me if these folks tried to find a way to run LED lightstrips through the seams of future football uniforms...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I guess I am the only one that actually thinks Colorado's new uniforms are a pretty nice update.

No, I'm with you on this one. Piping is good if it's done right. In this case, I like it. It's modern, but it's not overpowering, and the reflective silver obviously isn't that noticeable. I think we tend to hate on everything Nike on this board, but this isn't butchering tradition like K-State or ugly back striping like Arizona.

However, Nike needs to stop shrinking numbers. It looks goofy on o-linemen. Also regular numbers > italics. But these are good overall.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I don't like CU's pants, but I keep going back and forth on the uniform. I lean towards disliking them but I can't decide if I just feel that way because I hate CU or if I actually dislike the uniforms. They could be worse, I suppose. I'd like to see metallic gold pants, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived