Who to get on my Sabres Jersey?

SG30

Vintage? Gotta be one of the French Connection, I'd go with the least obvious: Martin..

But you should go SLUG and get this one instead:

img0255bd3.jpg

I would, if I could get a good price....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vintage? Gotta be one of the French Connection, I'd go with the least obvious: Martin..

But you should go SLUG and get this one instead:

img0255bd3.jpg

I would, if I could get a good price....

He is gonna be great whenever he gets called up to the Sabres. Backup next year????????

saBS.png

A friend of mine has the white vintage Tim Horton jersey, and I think that's awesome, but I'd go with either Lindy Ruff or my all time favourite Sabre, Mike Ramsey (that's the one I intend to eventually get.)

I always think it's cool to see a Tim Horton jersey because other than his #2 and Perreault's #11, other numbers can't be soley associated with a number. Without doing some research online, I can't think of any other number that only one Sabre has ever worn. Unless you look at things like 77 for Turgeon, 65 for Napier etc, but I'm really more talking traditional 1-31 jersey numbers before it became cool to pick a number that no one would have normally used.

But PLEASE if you get a Horton number 2, do not make the horrid mistake of putting "HORTON" on the back. There were no names when he played and anyone who is a true Sabres fan will know whose jersey it is. (of course the two sabres logos on the shoulders shouldn't really be on a Horton Jersey either, but you can only be just so authentic).

With the old sabres jersey, a member of the french connection cannot steer ya wrong, however, a Horton jersey would be very cool in the Buffalo-Niagara region. While drinking in Lewistown NY during the playoffs several years ago, local fans couldn't say enough about Tim Horton and his time with the Sabres, as-well-as Brian "Spinner" Spencer (22) and his time with the blue and gold. I have 2 Sabres jerseys myself, both gamers, Lafontaine from his second tour (the radioactive chicken jersey road: dark), and a Hasek home (white) with the 25th patch. Whatever way ya do it, that old Sabres blue and gold will rock.

For my money their home white, (blue and gold), was one one the best NHL jerseys ever, excluding the original six.

Take care,

gordie

I know there's been tons of threads discussing the 2007-08 shirts, but since I have a few good Sabres fans here, can anyone confirm the Sabres' plan for next year (with teh EDGE and No ALT rule)?

I'm really tempted to grab me a dark Slug (with #35), but not if they don't wear it for the next couple years. (saw them on sale at 20% today and I'm afraid there is a reason... other than make room for the EDGE...)

@Frenchie_TO

I know there's been tons of threads discussing the 2007-08 shirts, but since I have a few good Sabres fans here, can anyone confirm the Sabres' plan for next year (with teh EDGE and No ALT rule)?

I'm really tempted to grab me a dark Slug (with #35), but not if they don't wear it for the next couple years. (saw them on sale at 20% today and I'm afraid there is a reason... other than make room for the EDGE...)

I've been keeping up on Sabres jersey news as much as I can, and I can say I haven't heard a whisper about going with the retro's as full time dark jersies next year. I think you'd be pretty safe at this point to assume that going with two jersies only next year, they'd stick with the new darks and whites.

Not that they've shown a propensity for taste or anything, but if they wanted one retro and one modern, they'd be better off ditching the white moderns in favor of the retro white jersies, and keeping the dark modern jersies. But that's just me and wishful thinking.

So, I can't say they WON'T get rid of the dark modern jersies, but I've been trying to keep track and I haven't heard any rumors like that before.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I've been keeping up on Sabres jersey news as much as I can, and I can say I haven't heard a whisper about going with the retro's as full time dark jersies next year. I think you'd be pretty safe at this point to assume that going with two jersies only next year, they'd stick with the new darks and whites.

Not that they've shown a propensity for taste or anything, but if they wanted one retro and one modern, they'd be better off ditching the white moderns in favor of the retro white jersies, and keeping the dark modern jersies. But that's just me and wishful thinking.

So, I can't say they WON'T get rid of the dark modern jersies, but I've been trying to keep track and I haven't heard any rumors like that before.

Thanks...

I think I'll get the Navy anyway... if I want #35, I have to be true to authnticity "rules" (like not putting Horton's name, or using a Current shirt for a Bobby Orr shirt). That is the only game Adam dressed in Buffalo. He dressed at Philly and Carolina, but can't find pictures of those...

@Frenchie_TO

I've got a white one I picked up on ebay, it's an actual replica from 1994, not the new "vintage ones. I've been debating who to get on it and I lean more towards the players I associated with growing up so my short list is:

Ramsey 5

Ruff 22

Ramsay 10 (Selke award winner)

Virta 3

Barrasso 30 (remeber he was the calder and vezina winner)

Playfair 27

I say go with Craig Ramsay... not just because hes my friends dad but because he had one hell of a pair of mutton chops!!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

I always think it's cool to see a Tim Horton jersey because other than his #2 and Perreault's #11, other numbers can't be soley associated with a number. Without doing some research online, I can't think of any other number that only one Sabre has ever worn. Unless you look at things like 77 for Turgeon, 65 for Napier etc, but I'm really more talking traditional 1-31 jersey numbers before it became cool to pick a number that no one would have normally used.

But PLEASE if you get a Horton number 2, do not make the horrid mistake of putting "HORTON" on the back. There were no names when he played and anyone who is a true Sabres fan will know whose jersey it is. (of course the two sabres logos on the shoulders shouldn't really be on a Horton Jersey either, but you can only be just so authentic).

Unfortunately, Jim Watson wore #2 for the Sabres before Tim Horton was a member of the team.

Outside of #11, the following numbers have only been worn once in Sabres franchise history: #00 Martin Biron, #46 Dean Sylvester, #47 Bill Houlder, #51 Brian Campbell, #52 Dave Andreychuk, #56 Ken Priestlay, #57 Steve Heinze, #60 Paul Gaustad, #61 Maxim Afinogenov, #64 David Moravec, #65 Mark Napier, #71 Jochen Hecht, #74 Jay McKee, #80 Geoff Sanderson, #81 Miroslav Satan, #83 Domenic Pittis, and #89 Alexander Mogilny.

Rick Vaive.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm wondering how many of these threads is too many.

Maybe they could all be combined into one "who to get on my jersey" thread?

That is a good idea.

Just a single thread might be too convoluted to be helpful. Maybe if there could actually be a specific forum for jersey/apparel recommendations, suggestions, or help.

I vote LaFontaine.

Or Mogilny.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived